LCBO Food & Drink magazine [General]

2012 Nov 14
Has anyone seen copies of the holiday 2012 edition around? Which stores? I went to the LCBO in Westboro (beside the Superstore) Saturday morning and they were all gone. Even better, anyone got a copy they're willing to pass on?

2012 Nov 14
We found a pile of them in the Manotick store a couple of days ago, but they only had the French edition.

This is a real sore point with us. Our tax dollars pay for this publication, but we miss it more often than we find. There doesn't seem to be any way of reserving a copy (unless maybe you cultivate a buddy at an LCBO store, I suppose). As far as I can tell, there isn't even a way of getting an email alert or some such when a new edition comes out.

We spend plenty at the LCBO. They ought to be sending us Food & Drink when it comes out, instead of subjecting us to this crap shoot.

2012 Nov 14
They had some at the LCBO on Innes Road in Orleans earlier this week and I think they still has some English editions at that time. I didn't look that carefully, though, as I only pick up the French holiday edition -- far fewer ads to flip through.

2012 Nov 14
bdm - I think the LCBO usually posts the availability date on their website.

2012 Nov 14
As of 6 pm tonight the LCBO on Innes had both the English and French editions

2012 Nov 14
Big pile of them earlier in the week at College Square too.

2012 Nov 15
I share all your complaints. My wife got the last copy from the Bells Corners location earlier this week. She called to see if they had any, and then asked them to put it aside for her to pick up in half an hour. Not sure if that is something they would normally do or if her sweet voice played some role.

They always seem to have French ones available in places like Kanata. Really, can't they predict the demographic better than that?

Also, they should have a downloadable soft copy for this kind of thing. I'd much rather flip through this on a computer or tablet than cart around a heavy tree-slaughtering glossy. This would also make recipe screen-caps easier to obtain and simplify archiving in general. No brainer? I think so!

2012 Nov 15
Also, each issue has a page that "previews" the next issue and tells you what date it's coming out.

I then plug that date into my calendar and VOILA! I get one each time :)

2012 Nov 15
The LCBO at Rideau and King Edward has maybe a dozen English and a ton of French ones left.

Travelicious I might be able to help you out with your request - check your DMs.

2012 Nov 15
I just got back from the Hampton Park LCBO and they had about 10 copies left. I didn't notice whether they were French or English though.

2012 Nov 15
I haven't opened mine yet, but this thing is HUGE! If I don't enjoy the contents, it will be great to get a campfire going. I'm excited!

2012 Nov 15
I got one from a lovely colleague today. I may end up with another copy, because I asked everybody! I will happily pass it along when it arrives. Mark your calendars--the next one comes out Jan 16th.

2012 Nov 16
I can almost never snag a copy, but luckily my mother lives in a rural area and can usually pick them up for me. At her branch they will even hold them aside for her. Small town bonus.

2012 Nov 16
The LCBO on Isabella had a few copies left last night.

I too have an extra copy so if anyone would like it let me know.

2012 Nov 16
The one in Bells Corners had a ton left yesterday.

2012 Nov 17
The Merivale and Huntclub store had lots this morning:)

2012 Nov 17
I haven't had a chance to open it yet. Anyone see any good recipes or articles in it?

2012 Nov 17
No but the King Eddy store had a bunch today