TRI TIP in Ottawa [General]

2012 Nov 12
Well finally I can get Tri Tip in Ottawa - I was able to convince the Meat Manager at Sobey's in Stittsville to order some and he now has a hit on his hands. You will have to call a day ahead or so to make sure that they have some available. And its local beef that help support our valley farmers. I was getting my Tri Tip from Obrien Farms in Morewood and its a great cut and lots of flavour for sure. I have topped up my freezer and will fire up the BGE during the winter for a treat !!

2012 Nov 12
As far as I know sobeys doesn't buy local meat only federal. Friends have approached that same store in stittsville and been turned down because of their policies. Double check where your meat is really coming from.

2012 Nov 13
Hey Smoker Guy - Thanks and I will re-check with the Meat Manager - this is a non-corparate store that is Independently owned and do not have to follow all the rules that the other stores do. I will check today and post the Managers reply later ..but Tri Tip is such a nice cut of beef!!!

2012 Nov 13
WANT!

2012 Nov 16
What was the pre-cooked weight and price on that Tri? After spending years drooling over the posts by Californians on the BBQ forum I'm on I can't wait to get my hands on one!!

2012 Nov 16
Hey Stuart S - it was between 3 to 4 lbs and I am not too sure what the Price per pound was but it was not overly expensive I recall.