Thursday night dinner [General]

2012 Nov 7
Hi all, any suggestions for a nice moderately-priced Thursday early evening dinner?

Ideally, a lively place. I'm considering Big Rig given the mostly positive reviews and the home brews. Curious to try that pizza(nice pic FF) and the Mtl smoked meat.

Any other ideas? Was thinking of Big Easy's but way too pricey. Ditto Shore Club.

2012 Nov 7
union local 613

2012 Nov 7
My go-to is always The Grand, but if you haven't yet been to two six {ate} on Preston then it's well worth a visit.

2012 Nov 7
Thanks guys. I really should give the Grand another try. Nice ambience, good apps, Peroni beer. The pizza was the only miss for me. And the more I hear about Union Local 613, the more tempted I become.

2012 Nov 7
Not sure when you last went, but The Grand have a (relatively) new chef and a revised menu. I'd say both are an improvement on something I thought was already good.

2012 Nov 8
i'd third The Grand.

Union, Tennesy Willems, Shanghai all also worth considering but don't get there after 7 or call ahead and rez if possible.

I don't know if they still do it but Shanghai used to do drag queen kareoke on thursnites and it was good fun.

2012 Nov 8
Not that is has the best atmosphere, but I actually kinda like the character of the place (moreso when it was "Mexican" themed compared to the new facelift)

but

The Half Price Fajita Thursdays at what is now Annie & Clydes in the Glebe (used to be Mexi's) is a pretty awesome price to taste ratio.

They still do fajitas as they always have. You get a double order for $19! AND they now have GOOD beer and are not limited to Rickards as they once were. Had a Beaus last time, and a few weeks ago the had Smashbomb on tap.

I only go there for the fajitas though... I cannot comment on any of their BBQ fare.

2012 Nov 8
Annie and Clyde's BBQ fare is hit and miss. Think I wrote a review about it on here a while back, it certainly wasn't terrible and the beer is good as you say.

2012 Nov 8
Thanks all, I will probably decide last minute based on mood. Johnny, last (and only, so far) trip to the Grand was January 2011. Thanks for the update, I do intend to give it another shot. TW we did fairly recently, so that's out for now, although I love it.

2012 Nov 8
While I can't say that it's the liveliest, or the newest-and-hippest, I'm heading to the Westboro Clock Tower for dinner tonight. So if you decide to go there start shouting my name and I'll buy you a beer ;)

2012 Nov 9
Thanks momomoto, I'll take ya up on that sometime, if not expired. ; )

I ended up at Big Rig. Decent place. Will do a proper review on the Buzz