Rotel tomatoes in Syracuse/Watertown? [General]

2012 Nov 6
Just wondering if anyone knows if I can get Rotel tomatoes in Syracuse or Watertown? Any other tasty US groceries I should pick up?

2012 Nov 6
Yes most grocery stores carry both the regular and chunky versions. You can also find Rotel in Ogdensburg if you're looking for a closer source sometime.

I always pick up a bunch of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. Can't go wrong for $0.50/box!

2012 Nov 6
Is there any particular reason for not having them here? I've heard many people say good things about these RO(star)TEL tomatoes.

And yes; I'd love to find a closer source of Jiffy cornbread mix because nearly all the bird bread recipes I've seen call for it!

2012 Nov 7
I lugged a suitcase full of rotel tomatoes back from texas once only to find them the next week at loblaws in south keys. Not sure if they still stock them.

2012 Nov 7
I bought them in Ogdensburg (way closer) just last month.
Jiffy too.

If only they would get a Target (a real one, not a Canadian approximation as we have been promised).

2012 Nov 7
I got a few cans of Ro*Tel in Oggy-burg but I don't think this product is so special.

I have reverted back to using a a tin of chopped tomatoes and dicing up some San Marcos jalapeno peppers. I get a more chili 'zing' and a superior taste.

Can anyone shed some like on why this product is so special (other than eliminating an extra ingredient and step). ?

2012 Nov 7
I don't know why Rotel is not available here, it used to be distributed in parts of Canada and maybe still is. I could get it 20 years ago in Manitoba.

2012 Nov 7
Cap'n - Rotel & Velveeta are used to make queso dip, you don't mess with the ingredients - for better or worse. It is what it is.

2012 Nov 7
I spent some time in Texas years ago. I still dream of the queso dip. I'm going to be bringing back a nice supply of Rotel!

2012 Nov 8
I pick them up also-just for the convenience. Sometimes you don't want to open 2 or 3 cans. Also I like to have the smaller size cans. And I too buy the Jiffy cornbread mix. Hint here--buy several and keep them in the freezer. They keep for a few months.

2012 Nov 8
I used to buy the jiffy cornbread mix, but the B.Smith/Betty Crocker cornbread mix is better, and usually cheaper. It's in an envelope, not a box.

2012 Nov 8
At blubarry-he hasn't brought back the B.Smith mix yet.
My husband travels to Atlanta regularly. I asked him to pick up a couple of cornbread mixes (he brought Aunt Jemima, Jiffy, BC (came in a box)and got pulled aside at customs in the airport! They laughed and sent him on--asked if he was from Georgia! I like the little mixes 'cause they don't take much room in the freezer.

2012 Nov 9
W.C. I once did a same day return business trip to NY and put about 10 pounds of cornbread mix in my laptop bag. I lugged that stuff all over manhattan all day in August heat. That's how much I love it.