Best prices for Raw Nuts? [General]

2012 Oct 23
My husband and I have decided to try a Primal diet. What I haven't found readily in Ottawa are raw nuts. Natural Food Pantry at Billings Bridge didn't have much of a selection, and Rainbow Foods is too far for us to get to regularly (we're near the airport). Where else should I look? I haven't been in Bulk Barn in ages, btw - so that IS an acceptable answer, but I prefer raw nuts to roasted.

2012 Oct 23
I have picked up raw Peanuts at bulk barn, but I don't know if they have other varieties of raw nuts or not.

FYI - There is a Bulk Barn in Billings Bridge now.

2012 Oct 23
Costco has large bags of raw nuts. Bought yesterday: Kirkland brand raw almonds 1.36 kg for 12.99. A very good deal and I'd rate them A/A+ for size and taste too. Raw almonds were previously discussed here: ottawafoodies.com

It was Kirkland brand that I bought there last year and their quality has definitely improved.
Yes, almonds are not a true nut but a seed but Costco does have raw walnuts, filberts, and pecans among others. The quality looks good and the prices are excellent.

Both Herb & Spice shops and Market Organics (on York St.) have a decent selection of raw nuts…both offer quality though, with a few exceptions, maybe not the best price.

Another option: mountainpath.com/contact/

2012 Oct 25
Bulk Barn has raw almonds; I think they are decent. They are on sale this week for 6.39/lb (1.41/100g). I'm not sure that this is much of a savings. I'd be interested to find out better prices elsewhere...

2012 Oct 25
Best prices for Raw Nuts ?
Should be able to get them cheap from XL Foods ... as they start up again.

Aren't they also called Rocky Mountain oysters or Prairie oysters or Cowboy caviar ?