Première Moisson [Food/Vendor]

2012 Oct 18
This was posted in New Openings 2012 but for those that pass on scrolling waaaay down...

Première Moisson is opening a location at the University of Ottawa on October 22nd in the new Social Sciences building.
Relish + Stone Soup Foodworks and now this goody.

www.ottawamagazine.com

2012 Oct 19
Thanks! This looks really, really awesome. I'll glad to have something in the city besides the execrable (and simply heated from frozen) Ace Bakery items at Loblaw's and the over-priced breads at ArtIsIn.

I'll be there the first chance I get. I haven't looked at their hours yet, but hope I get the opportunity to stop in as soon as they open.

2012 Oct 19
Do we know the bread will be priced lower than the rest of town? Art-is-In is the same price as all the other bakeries, and the high-end stuff in the grocery stores. Even Ace has gone up in price.

Art-is-In is 1/2 price for the last hour of the day. It freezes well and is really good.

2012 Oct 19
I loved the Première Moisson store at the Atwater Market. When my dad was alive we used to make frequent trips there and I would load up on bread of course but all sorts of other baked goodies they had. I would buy individual sized quiches, salmon pies, tourtières and the like. I seem to recall they even had jars upon jars of duck fat. Not sure if they will do that at the Ottawa location but one can only hope...

2012 Oct 19
Seconding HFF. Sometimes there are also impromptu half price times @ Art-is-in. I followed them on facebook just for that reason and would buy several loaves at a time. Slice it, freeze it, good as new. Works out to be roughly the same price as Dempsters.