Pasta classes? [General]

2012 Oct 4
Are there any good pasta making classes in Ottawa or surrounds?

2012 Oct 5
Divino Wine Studio on Preston regularly holds classes. Sometimes they have pasta making. I attended an olive oil tasting (which was really well done) but have not attended any other classes so cannot comment on them.

2012 Oct 5
I have also taken several classes at Divino and can recommend them highly.

1. I have taken Italian language classes there to prepare for our trip to Italy last year

2. I have been to a whisky tasting dinner (they have them a few times a year - just got their email of one coming up in November with the rep from Bruichladdich (coming from Scotland))

3. I recently took a gluten-free cooking class there and they taught us to make gluten free pasta! Was really fun and delicious

Here is their site: www.divinowinestudio.com/

Just checked and they have a cooking class on Oct 13th and 29th and they are teaching pasta. Looks delish.

2012 Oct 5
KSW: You've made my day. I'd pay almost any price for a Bruichladdich dinner. Thanks!

2012 Oct 7
Wish I could say I will see you there, but for some reason that I can't understand, my husband doesn't want to go because we have already been to the Bruichladdich distillery in Scotland.

I fail to see how that is relevant.......sigh....

Momomoto - please write a review after so I can drink single malt while reading it and feel sorry for myself

2012 Oct 8
Are you kidding? I'm only going *because* I was there almost a year ago!

(Although it is a bit of a pain that they're not showcasing any of their wacky Scotches. No Port Charlotte; no Octomore; no Black Art; no weird barrel treatments. It's discouraging, but not a deal-breaker.)