Ferme Rouge on Sundays [General]

2012 Sep 30
Hello my foodies,

I was thinking about checking out Ferme Rouge in Gatineau for the first time tonight. I heard they have a buffet on Saturday but how is the food on Sunday? Is there a separate fee for the show?

Hoping any of you can help me before 6pm today.

2012 Oct 1
Did you end up going?

I have never been. I'm hoping you did a good job testing the waters for me! :P

2012 Oct 10
no foodmonger I didn't get to go due to an unexpected event...

I'm still a little nervous about going due to some of the negative reviews I've read. Hopefully some other brave soul will test the waters for all of us!

2012 Oct 10
I went there many years ago as I was looking for a seafood buffet and a buddy at work pointed me there(as a joke) and I have never been back.

The food was alright, however I only had one plate and im not a one plate type of guy at all. The line to get to the food was outrageous and we literally stood in line for about 20 minutes. The line stretched across the stage and we found ourselves in the middle of the show tunes and about 30 people dancing and the whole restaurant staring up at where we were.we left hungry but both agreed it was better than enduring that lineup and music again.

I don't even know how many the place seats bu when i looked around it was a sea of heads,most of whom were smoking aswell.

Try it out,it definitely is an "experience"(so is having your prostate checked)but I will never go back...to ferme rouge hahaha.

2012 Oct 12
We used to go there quite a bit in the late 80's through 90's and it was a hoot! Food was good to very good, but it's just part of the whole "red farm" experience. The whole crowd and staff get into it with some very good performances by the staff. We stopped going due to the stiffening driving after a few drinks laws. It's a long drive home. Bring a designated driver and have fun.

BTW, you don't have to have the buffet. The menu is/was quite good and served to you at your table.

2012 Oct 20
We did my birthday there not long ago. The entertainment is fun, but the food and service are so-so. Don't get me wrong, the steaks were good, the salmon cooked right, but nothing special. Veg and potato or rice on the side. The seafood buffet is good if you want shrimps, crab or mussels from a team table. Generous, but suffers from the fact it is a buffet.

As for the service, decide what you want at the outset and don't expect to see your waiter or waitress much once the show starts. Heaven forbid that you decide on dessert or coffee after your main course!

On the plus side, it's fun, bilingual, and you can dance if you want. A good place for a group, just not for quiet conversation or gourmet eats.

2012 Oct 22
I didn't think Nicole Kidman was all that great.

...wait... rouge what?