Choral Music and Dessert [General]

2012 Sep 21
I think some of you know that I'm doing a cafe at the bazaar at Trinity later this fall. I guess I am not the only foodie in the congregation however. Here's a link that was sent to me for a fundraising concert including dessert, in support of the Caldwell Food Bank on Oct. 26. I need to find out who at the church managed to snag desserts from Union 613, Beckta, Navarra, Town etc. Impressive list!

www.trinityunitedottawa.ca

2012 Oct 27
Not involved with the organizing, but as an attendee I would say that it seems last night's event was a success. There were several hundred people in attendance, and I'd love to know if any other Ottawa Foodies were there.
After the concert (80 voices!), the desserts were presented along with the business cards of the restaurant that had provided them.

I sampled two of the desserts; This chocolate mousse concoction with edible flowers from Town had tremendous eye appeal and was quite tasty. I did notice that the desserts that had the "Union Local 613" cards went faster than any of the others, perhaps because they have been in the news so much this week. Beckta's offerings also looked wonderful, but did not get one of those either.

My personal favorite of the desserts I tried, was a white chocolate pudding concoction from Black Cat Cafe. It was presented in a small lidded mason jar and also featured fresh raspberries and fresh coconut shavings that were lightly toasted. Heaven!

Kudos to whomever managed to involve all these great restaurants in this charity event. I hope if you did attend last night, you will tell the restaurant next time you visit that you enjoyed their donated dessert.

What a wonderfully talented and generous restaurant community we have in Ottawa!

2012 Oct 27
this is one of several offerings provided by Beckta. I managed to snap a picture, but wasn't fast enough to actually taste one.

2012 Oct 27
I wish I had snapped a picture of the white chocolate/raspberry/fresh coconut dessert that was actually inside the mason jar. Very nicely presented, complete with spoon.

2012 Oct 29
Heard yesterday that this event raised over $8000 in support of Caldwell!