Clotted cream [Food/Vendor]

2007 Aug 26
I'm planning on baking scones today. Where can I find clotted cream in Ottawa? I don't want to make it myself =/

2007 Aug 26
I think I've seen some at House of Cheese in the Market, if you're close enough to there. Saslove's may even have some.

2007 Aug 26
Oh, thanks for the tip, Momomoto! I've also looked for clotted cream in the past and haven't found any.

Hrm, now I want to make scones. ;)

2007 Aug 26
you can get clotted cream at loblaws, always hard to find it in the store though. Usually near the sourcream or cottage cheese. Otherwise ask someone.

2007 Aug 26
Wife says : Herb and Spice, Ottawa Bagel Shop, and sometimes Loblaws.

2007 Aug 26
Thanks everyone! I didn't see any at Loblaw's @ College Square, so I guess my scones will have to wait until next weekend when I can get down to the market :(

2007 Aug 26
Incidentally, it's usually sold in a small jar... maybe 100-200 mL. Thought I'd mention it because it helps to know what your eyes should be scanning for. Don't be looking for a white plastic yoghurt-type container or you'll never find it! :)

Your scones would be totally kickass with the blueberry freezer jam I made yesterday. Freezer jam is way easier and MUCH tastier than regular jam -- it actually tastes like fresh fruit. The only downside is that it takes up space in your freezer for long-term storage. I make it with local strawberries and blueberries, then enjoy a taste of summer for the rest of the year.

2007 Aug 28
The Scone Witch may have some available for take-out, too, now that I think of it. I've never looked, but they do sell jams and jellies there.