Preserving the Harvest event [Events]

2012 Sep 4
For preservers or wanna be preservers - from the latest branch restaurant newsletter:

Monday, September 10, 'Preserving the Harvest' 7pm, bring jars, some of your own preserves and/or salsa ingredients. Monday, If you are interested, I'll be hosting a 'Preserving the Harvest' event at the restaurant with Diane Steadman, Katie Nolan and my pals from Sustainable North Grenville; I will talk about some techniques I use including drying, freezing and pickling, and activities will include canning a hands on batch of salsa, a jar swap and a 'scary botulism talk' by Katie. This is a 'round table' style of event, bring a few jars of something you've put up to trade for goodies from other folks stores (not required, but fun!), and be prepared to talk recipes, technique and method--extra points if you bring a newbie to the preserving game, our hope is to broaden all of our understanding and preserve not only some food, but some knowledge for a new generation! If you'd like to take home some of the 'hand's on' batch of salsa,bring a mason jar with a good lid, and some or all of the following ingredients from your garden: tomatoes, onions, hot peppers or cilantro. That's next Monday, September 10 at 7pm.

--Chef Bruce

2012 Sep 9
where is this? ah sorry found out it is in Kemptville.