Best Happy hour restaurant in the city [General]

2012 Aug 15
Any suggestions?

Always looking for deals ;)

Sidedoor Happy hour all day Sundays are a great deal.

Art is in 2 for 1 breads 1 hour before closing is really good as well.

2012 Aug 15
Didn't the Ontario government clamp down on discounted booze for Happy Hours ?

As I recall, It became quite a fad and the gov't stepped in with legislation ? Circa 1984 ?

Ahh ...... Here it all is:

freedomnation.blogspot.ca

Happy Hour (lower prices in a limited time) WAS banned in 1984 but,

" In 2007, the Ontario government released and update to these laws: INFORMATION BULLETIN – No. 014 Pricing and Promotion of Liquor by Liquor Sales Licensees. So while prices are now allowed to fluctuate throughout the day, thereby allowing for what is commonly known as "happy hour", actually advertising a happy hour is explicitly against the law."

See more at the link.

2012 Aug 16
not really "happy hour", but Hooley on Elgin has a half price menu on Wednesday's.
It's a fun menu too.

2012 Aug 16
2 for 1 fajitas at what used to be Mexis in the Glebe (Annie & Clyde's I think it is now?)

If they still make them like the did just before they switched to Annie & Clydes (and from what I understand they do, as the staff remained the same), then they are some great fajitas!

2012 Aug 16
Last time I was at the Lieutenant's Pump in the afternoon, they had large Mason jar cocktails for $10. Based on its effect, I'd say the Caesar I had was a three-shot. Hard to beat cheap jars of booze on a sunny patio!

If I recall correctly, they were available until 5:45 (weird, right?) weekdays, but I'm not absolutely certain.