Lamb [General]

2012 Aug 15
I'm on a lamb kick right now and I was hoping someone could direct me to a local supplier.

2012 Aug 16
Tree Pug You could try Funny Duck Farms at the Ottawa Organic Farmers Market. I bought some lamb chops from them awhile ago and they were very good and I bought some lamb bones from them last winter which made a nice rich lamb stock. The owner organicgirl contributes this site so maybe you could look her up?

If you go to the Ottawa Farmers Market there is Canreg Station Farms. They have bins of sheeps milk cheese displayed prominently at the front of their stall. But they also sell chops, legs, and the like.

2012 Aug 16
If you are up for an adventure and have a car, you can go to Val des Monts (Just east of Gatineau - about a 30 minute drive from downtown). There is a great chicken and meat shop. ALL local. The owners produce free range chickens an good prepared food, bags of chicken bones for stock @ $3.00. The also sell frozen pork,(including homemade saussages) beef, lamb, and game meats.
We often get the lamb. It is delicious, and from Wakefield.
As well there is another shop in the village of Val des Monts that is a great artesinal bakery with a wide selection of Quebec cheeses.

Here is the link for the chicken & lamb:

www.saveursdesmonts.ca

Either places has maps of Quebec farm gate producers and other great food!

2012 Aug 16
Also, closer to home. I have a friend who swears by this place for all meat but especially their lamb. Its called Nature's Buzz. Its all organic. Located on Beechwood between Vanier and New Edinburgh.

www.naturesbuzz.ca

2012 Aug 16
Always get mine at Anderson farm, corner of franktown rd and Dwyer hill. Call ahead 613-838-6080. Good prices.

2012 Aug 16
On the Quebec side, Bisson is a chain of 2-3 stores I believe, specializing in meat, including lamb from Petite-Nation (Ripon, St-Andre Avellin, the whole area northeast of Gatineau).

Bisson sells other foods, like cheeses, olive oils, etc, but meat is their specialty. The closest store to Ottawa is on the Plateau in Hull, in a strip mall south of the 148 just west of St-Raymond.

2012 Aug 16
Any muslim grocer like Al Jazeerah should have it

2012 Aug 16
Yes Zym, they have lamb, but are they able to get the lamb tounge you want ?

2012 Aug 16
I never had to go ask - got a bunch of lamb tongue elsewhere