Humane Society Garden Party fundraiser [Events]

2012 Aug 11
The Ottawa Humane Society is hosting its Summer Harvest Garden Party fundraiser in honour of the late Kurt Waldele . The list of contributing chefs is both impressive and promising. Tickets are $125 (up a little from last year but tax receipt for $50). Considering it's ultimately a fundraiser and you get to eat some pretty special food, that isn't bad at all.

Details: ottawahumane.ca

Has anyone gone to this event in previous years? Who's in for this one? I'm considering it...

The FAQ is here: www.ottawahumane.ca

2012 Aug 11
I was there last year worked with Chef Cliff, we served scallop. It was a very nice event. You will get quite good portion size from each stations.
New humane building is so nice and spacious. You can see cats and dogs that need new family through the windows. If I have time for this year, I would like to attend as a guest or volunteer.

Oz Cafe,Atelier,Town,Grounded Kitchen,Back Lane Cafe
Brookstreet Hotel,Buffet Charbonneau,KW Catering
Carleton Grill,the Governor General's Residence
Whalesbone Oyster House
Algonquin College Culinary Arts Program
Pasticceria Gelateria Italiana

I personally want try Town and back lane cafe! You can try all the restaurants food at once! I think it's a very good deal.
I am also happy to see Pasticceria Gelateria Italiana after the fire last year.
Pasticceria Gelateria Italiana's Chef and his staff are very generous, they helped so much for the Japanese eathquake relief charity dinner.

2012 Aug 21
I am one of several of Kurt's friends who have helped put this event together. Aisu - I am glad you had a good time last year.

People should expect a spectacular afternoon with food from some of the finest Chefs in Ottawa.

There have been a couple of changes to the line-up of Chefs. Commitments made in May can change as the needs of the business change. Staffing plays a huge role in the restaurant's ability to commit to such a huge undertaking. Making 400 bites for a fundraiser is probably ten times more challenging than making different dinners for 135 guests in an evening.

That being said, the roster of Chefs is very impressive. There are many Chefs returning to the event this year, many of them that had long relationships with Chef Kurt Waldele. There's also a bunch of new Chefs that didn't know the man, but have worked with people who've been influenced by him.

I encourage everyone to come out and enjoy this afternoon. There are still tickets available.

The great food will be complimented by fine wines from Colaneri Estate Winery in Niagara www.colaneriwines.com. Their wines are superb and will complement the Chef's offerings nicely.

There are also some great auction items up for bids. Chef experiences, a fantastic weekend wine & culinary trip to Prince Edward County, A year of dining at some of the city's finest restaurants, (One pkg. of $200. gift certificates to 12 of the best restaurants in the region).

It's a great afternoon, raising money for the animals of Ottawa, in memory of an unforgettable human being.

ottawahumane.ca

Cheers!

2012 Aug 22
I went last year and am going again this year. It is a fantastic event, with excellent food. Go hungry.

2012 Aug 26
I went today and had a great time tasting all the food, beer and wine. It was great to meet all the chefs and talk to them about there perspective on sustainable fish etc.

Stand outs for me were The Black Lane cafe, the Catalina gazpacho was so tasty with just a hint of heat.
Also loved the salmon mousse cornets from The Monterey Inn, the Chefs from 24 Sussex drive were great to talk to about what our first family enjoys eating.

Michael Blackie was his usual fun self and the food was great from Le Cafe.
I pigged out on freshly shucked oysters from Whalebones. My daughter had to drag me away, think she was a litte embarrassed that I ate so many.

The team from Algonquin College did a great job with their appetizers.

Then it was on to desserts and The Cake Shop did not dissapoint yummy mini cupcakes and tiny little short bread cookies with different fillings and then dipped in chocolate, they also handed out loot bags with more cookies and a special treat for our dog as well. Love the girls that work for them they are so engaging.

Joe Calabro had the prettiest little boxes for all with a cup cake inside.he also had the best cannolis in town.

Finished it all with a great espresso complements of C A Paradis.
Well worth $125.00 spent for a great afternoon.

2012 Aug 27
I had the honour of attending. Simply put ... great case, great event, great food.

My fave without a doubt were Atelier's fried quail legs. I'd love to snack on those on a regular basis.

2012 Aug 28
Agree with you BigMouth. I loved Atelier's fried duck tongues too - I stood there eating and dipping for a few moments.