Pizza near Preston St.? [General]

2012 Aug 8
We lost our regular pizza place - Lorenzo's in the Preston area. Where else is a good place for traditional take-out pizza? We sometimes order in on Sunday nights when we get home from the cottage. I like Pavarazzi's but they are not open on Sundays (Somerset location).

And an absolute no to Pizza Pizza and Domino's.

2012 Aug 8
Preston Pizza was pretty good last time I was in...

2012 Aug 8
La Favorita does take out and delivery.

2012 Aug 8
Yeah we have not been to La Fav in a few years but it always used to have great pizza and calzones

2012 Aug 8
La Favorita is outstanding pizza, but it didn't sound like the OP was looking for this kind of wood fired pizza. Is Bronson Pizza (not that far) maybe the best "standard" pizza in the immediate area? Preston Pizza is so-so, IMO.

2012 Aug 8
Is Ricardo's too far for you? I've never tried the place (due to the crack cocaine that Domino's puts in their sauce) but it seems to be well reviewed here.

2012 Aug 8
Thanks all.
I'll definitely try La Fav - I had no idea they did take-out & delivery. I'll try Bronson Pizza & Richardo's. I also remember Calabria, I'll give them another shot.

2012 Aug 8
Carlo's will deliver to Preston.

2012 Aug 9
If you're in the mood for "fast-food style" pizza, I recommend either Bronson or Seasons pizza (Somerset and.. Booth I think). We used to order there all the time when living downtown. IIRC the wife preferred the Hawaiian pizza from Seasons, and the meat lovers from Bronson. YMMV :D

2012 Aug 9
I'll +1 ricardos.... order from there EVERY time I go to my dad's house, just because I love it that much 613-235-5555 sad right? I knew that off hand

2012 Aug 10
Thanks Nukem. That's my go to number too.

@HFF: What do you mean by 'traditional takeout pizza'?

2012 Dec 3
So, we finally got around to ordering pizza last night and decided to try Richardo's. We got a large vegetarian. The toppings & cheese looked good, but the dough was not. It was very bready and dry. I actually wished for greasier pizza, which seems weird, but the dough almost tasted stale. It was like the pizza dough had been pre-cooked and then the toppings added on. It was edible, but nothing special and I'm not sure if we would order from them again. We will try Bronson and Season's Pizza next time.

2012 Dec 3
I find that my bases go like that if I pre-roll and freeze them. When I use frozen dough, it has to be frozen into balls, thawed slowly and then worked well to bring life back into it.

2012 Dec 4
Not to keep harping on Ricardo's, but I've been there often enough and watched them making everything fresh as ordered. They don't have enough room to keep stacks of frozen, pre-cooked shells. Just sayin'.

2012 Dec 4
I would go with carlo's pizza on harmer..i think. it's like colonnade if you like them, maybe not quite as cheesy, but delicious.