Best Chocolate Dipped Soft Serve in Ottawa [General]

2012 Aug 7
Im on the hunt for the best soft serve ice cream in ottawa area. Any suggestions? In particular, I'm looking for a great chocolate dipped cone. La Cremiere at Les Galleries de Hull is actually really good. Thick tasty chocolate dip.

2012 Aug 7
"... best soft serve ice cream ..."

or ice milk or milk fat product ?

Watch out .... most soft serve is NOT ice cream.

See link --> Forum - Has the Soft Serve Ice Cream at Dairy Queen Gone Down Hill

2012 Aug 7
We were in Tremblant this past weekend and the ice cream place in the ski village also has very good chocolate dipped soft serve. The chocolate in particular is much better quality than anything you'd find at DQ. Perhaps it's a Quebec thing? Anyway, good to know about the Galleries de Hull, which is much closer than Tremblant. I don't know of anything on the Ontario side off hand.

2012 Aug 10
:-( guess there isn't much to choose from in ottawa?...

2012 Aug 10
You can say that again chopper. With DQ serving out small portions for the price and Chips and Dairy not doing much better our soft serve market needs a place like Rita's www.ritasice.com/
They have a soft serve or what they like to call frozen custard that is pretty darn tasty though I wouldn't want to look at the ingredientt list. I don't think they dip it though but you can get hot fudge sauce. We tried this place a few weeks ago in Galloway NJ and I'm still craving it.

2012 Aug 10
The soft serve I've had in Ottawa is not true ice cream. The closest I have found is Reid's Dairy. The closest Reid's softserve is in Madoc....

You could try The Merry Dairy, you'll need to track the truck to see where they are. They have chocolate sauce, but not dip.

The Merry Dairy

www.themerrydairy.com/

2012 Aug 10
While riding along Richmond Road yesterday, a big soft serve sign caught my eye (they always do) and I'm quite certain it was at Truffle Treasures.
I've just sent a message to them to verify this very urgent question. :)
Thinking this may be a good spot as they do have chocolate there too...dunk.

2012 Aug 10
Mmmm, Reid's, I stopped in for a loonie shake and a soft serve cone on my way through Kingston, a taste of my childhood! It was fantastic, just as I remembered it.

2012 Aug 10
The soft serve at Waterfall Delights in Almonte is really tasty.

2012 Aug 10
AMR - where on Richmond? The cake shop has a big sign outside that offers soft serve. They don't specify real ice cream though, so I'd assume it is the fake stuff.

Suzy Q donuts also does soft serve + donut.

2012 Aug 10
Hff Truffle treasures is on richmond just near Churchill.

Any word on that custard truck??

2012 Aug 10
Ravi - the Custard truck is the Merry Dairy, I posted the links above.

2012 Aug 11
Hipfunkfur, I asked the girls at The Cake Shop and it's made with milk, cream and sugar with vanilla added for flavour.
As its real dairy milk and cream I suppose it's ice cream in a soft serve form then.
When they make chocolate soft serve they add pure Dutch cocoa powder and melted unsweetened chocolate.
Hope this will help in the debate.
One thing I do like is the '99 cone they offer, it takes me back to my UK days.( cadburys flake bar added to the cone.) it's yummy. Also they use sugar cones and waffle cones, not the cheap flimsy kind that melts with the ice cream and makes a huge mess.

2012 Aug 18
My mistake above (but never heard back from my guess location).
Passed by today, and the sign for soft serve was at Louise's Belgian Chocolates 283 Richmond Road