Your favourite day trips? [Travel]

2012 Aug 3
The long weekend is here! What are your favourite day trips within an hour drive, foodie destination or otherwise? I usually head to Prince Edward County but that's more than an hour and I stay overnight. Suggestions for spots out of town but closer are welcome, let's cap it at an hour of driving.

2012 Aug 3
My google map of fishing spots

goo.gl/maps/waEhv

2012 Aug 6
Chateau Montebello for brunch overlooking the St. Lawrence and drinks in the spectacular lobby.

2012 Aug 6
... favourite day trip ?

Doing my weekends at The Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre.

Lousy food. Not even good enough to write up in the Buzz section of OF.

Oh well.

2012 Aug 8
There's a great event going on in Smiths Falls this weekend.... Supposed to be a lot of chocolate....

www.canalrailwayfest.com

I'll be there tasting stuff and promoting my business... Should be fun!

2012 Aug 8
Wakefield, Quebec. Nice option of restaurants, shops, walk along the river, visit covered bridge, go to the Blacksheep or Mill...

2012 Aug 8
We did a weekend in Gananoque recently - but you could also do it as a day trip. It's about an hours drive.

There is a great pub where we had lunch called the Stonewater Pub and Irish Eatery. They have many local microbrews and great food/atmosphere.

stonewaterbb.com/

They also have a "fancy" restaurant called the Athlone Inn where we had dinner. The food is contemporary french cuisine and is delicious.

www.athloneinn.ca

Book yourself on the 2 hour cruise around the Thousand Islands and you have a great day out!

Incidentally, you can also stay at both places mentioned above.

2012 Aug 8
Montreal once every 3 weeks...no need to explain why ;)

2012 Aug 9
Acid, shrooms, MDMA... the usuals.

Oh, you meant ROAD trips... *facepalm*