Mont Tremblant Restaurant Suggestions? [General]

2012 Jul 30
We are staying in a cottage in the old village of Mont Tremblant (i.e. - not the ski hill nor St Jovite). We are planning on dining in for dinner every night but one. For our one night out without the kids we are looking for a restaurant in the old village and are open to recommendations.

Ideally, we are looking for a quality restaurant, with good service, that falls somewhere between reasonably priced to moderately high. To give an Ottawa comparison in terms of price, I would probably put Domus on Juniper on the moderately high end and Flying Piggies and the Keg as the moderately priced end of things. Ideally, we would like something just a little cheaper than Domus or Junipers but we are probably prepared to pay that too.

So we are open to any suggestions people have. We have done some research and found some descent reviews of the following restaurants:

Auberge du Coq de Montagne
Patrick Bermand Restaurant
Cayenne Grill

I would love any thoughts people have on these but we really would consider any restaurant in the old village. We are leaving this Saturday for our trip and planning to dine out on the Wednesday. Any other casual foodie recommendations (whether it be shops or just a place for a quick lunch/snack would be much appreciated).

Thanks very much.

Cheers

2012 Jul 30
In the old village Ital-Deli does fantastic made-to-order Italian food. Nice looking place, great service, worth your dollars.

There is also a place just off the road connection Tremblant with the Old Village... it's on the left as you approach the village, down a hill in an old house/chalet looking place. I'm blanking on the name but if i remember i'll post it. Does very good french food in a cute setting at a reasonable price.

Cayenne Grill... just my humble opinion but i found it to be one of those tourist-targetted places that has a wide ranging menu that has everything and does none of it beyond 'ok'. The patio is very nice to sit on tho'.

Patrick Bermand is supposed to be excellent but i haven't tried it. Price is high, possibly more than 'moderately'.

In St-Jovite i highly recommend 'L'Escalope'. Note it's byo.

I also highly recomend 'Sushi Taxi'. Great looking place, terrific cocktails, does fantastic creative things with sushi as well as the classic.

On Tremblant itself i'm a fan of Creperie Catherine. I don't find the other places there all that impressive, although none are bad in any sense.

2012 Jul 31
We really enjoyed the fondue at La Savoie. Your get a TON of food and everything seemed to be high quality. I would recommend asking that they cut the broccoli/cauliflower into smaller pieced though - nearly whole broccoli crowns came out which were difficult to manage.

They recommend the raclette there. We didn't try it, but the table beside us did and they were really happy!

2012 Jul 31

La Petite Cachee is a gem in our opinion. We go out of our way to eat hear on every trip to Tremblant.

It's a modern French restaurant with Quebecois influences.

2012 Jul 31
La Petite Cachee is the name i was hunting for upthread and i'll second food fun's reco on it.

2012 Aug 1
Thank-you OsoloMeal, food fun and Ginger Kid. La Petite Cachee sounds perfect for us, so I will be calling for a reservation tonight and will report back. I will definitely keep some of the other recommendations in mind in case we decide to dine out for a second night or grab lunch.

Thanks to all of you!

Cheers!

2012 Aug 16
Just wanted to say thanks again for the suggestion of La Petite Cachee. We were very pleased with it and had a wonderful meal. It was about 1.5 km from where we were staying so it made for a wonderful walk to and from the restaurant!

All the best!

2012 Aug 19
Anyone having been to Petite Cachee recently and can give an ideea as to general price range? No menu on their website, thanks!

2012 Aug 20
iirc I think you're looking at about $40pp for the (entirely worthwhile) table d'hote plus drinks.

2012 Aug 20
belated recommendation I'll add here for posterity is sEb, a cozy St. Jovite bistro w/ an emphasis on organic, locally sourced, etc. Dinners fall into the Juniper price range. They also do less expensive lunches (inc. tacos) and prepared take-aways.

Mini-review: SO generally dislikes lamb (or is v. picky on its preparation) but deferred to the waiter's recommendation - she later declared it very, very good. My own veg pasta was also delicious. Interesting apps. Excellent wine selections. Would revisit next trip to Mt T.

www.resto-seb.com

2012 Aug 20
We were there almost two weeks ago now. I do not recall seeing a Table D'hote option that night but perhaps I am simply forgetting this.

We were there with another a couple but split the bills. My wife and I paid $238(including tax and a good tip). That included our share (i.e. 1/2) of 2 bottles of wine (I think the each bottle was in the $60 range before taxes). We each had a cocktail, an appetizer, a main and dessert. I also seem to recall that the choices we made were not among the higher priced items.

My recollection was the the appetizers were mostly in the teens price wise (there might have been one or two in the low twenties and soups were below $10 I think). The mains were mid-twenties to mid-thirties if I recall correctly.

We quite enjoyed it. If you go, I would highly recommend the Salmon Tartare as an appetizer and Wild Boar for the main if its offered (I believe it was one other blackboard specials).

Cheers

2012 Aug 20
I haven't been to Cachee in 2 years so they may have discontinued the table d'hote or i'm mis-remembering.

One note re sEb, I enjoy the place, the food is great, and it's to their credit that they work hard to produce a fresh menu, but if you arrive and there is only one thing on the menu that someone at your table is likely/able to eat, ask for it FAST because they make a limitted number of each dish each night.