Interest in Food crawl for August? [General]

2012 Jul 27
Any interest for a food crawl for August? Willing to spent a little time maybe organizing 3 restaurants in one of the following area:
1. Market
2. Wellington (or maybe best for Sept with Taste of Wellington?)
3. Elgin
4. Somerset

2012 Jul 27
I would be interested if you guys hit the market

-Union 613
-Brothers beer bistro
-Sidedoor?
-Navarra?
-Murray?

2012 Jul 27
union 613 is not market, it is Somerset and O'Connor. I think quite a few mentioned interest in market back in June...

Would people prefer a weekday or weekend? We can put up a poll after some indications.

2012 Jul 27
on a weekend at the end of the month, chances are im in... just need to make sure i have the cash flow to pull it off...

2012 Jul 27
Would this be in addition to the potluck Movie night in the park on Aug 17th?

2012 Jul 27
I would recommend a deposit by interested parties to firm up commitment. Otherwise if you're booking for 12, and 3 show up...

I'm in study mode for one of my MBA exams till August 21st. So if it's after I'm up for it, +1 and we'll put down a deposit.

Doesn't matter to me what location, and what venues. Any choice will be fun, and that leaves any other choice for next time.. =D

2012 Jul 27
Most weekdays I would be in, and prefer last 2 weeks of august.

2012 Jul 27
Have organized other stuff in other cities for alumni group but not in Ottawa before.

Gut instinct is it would be easier earlier in the week likely Mon-Wed where restaurant tend to be a little slower. Thurs-Sat tend to be busier and some restos are not open on Sunday. If we want to hit a few, we can start or have a moderately priced stop if someone just want to go to that one due to budget reasons.

With the movie in the park being the 17th and I might need to go out of town for a few days mid-August, some date options are 27, 28, 29?

Thought someone else mentioned they could help to coordinate too on the other thread?