People interested:
live4food
Captain Caper
lovetoeat
zymurgist
FoodTravel
Nukem

2012 Jul 13
Rules say no (visible/open) booze ... so, if you must, use your 'Sports Drinks' bottles !!

2012 Jul 13
Sorry to miss this. Travelling again.

2012 Jul 17
Can't wait to make something and finally have people who know what they're talking about eat it and provide feedback lol... should be fun... And Captain, I love that you think of this right away! Are there any people who are coming that are massively offended by personal combustibles instead of alcohol? Im not much of a drinker, but I do enjoy a quick "smoke" before enjoying a lot of delicious food...

2012 Jul 17
Nukem ...

From my perspective (as an ex-partaker).

Just keep it away, far away (and down wind) from the main crowd.
Like a block or so away, ... for the following considerations:

- for the parents (of kids) attending a 'Family Event'

- for those who do not like second hand smoke (of any kind)

- for the event organizers who do not want to a bad reputation associated with the event

- etc.

I hope you understand my take .... and act accordingly.

2012 Jul 17
well, that part at least was obvious.. I do have kids of my own... I was more concerned with people having moral objections entirely... I never partake in public *visibly* or near anyone who it shouldn't be around, it's mostly to overcome my ulcer/over abundance of acid when i want to eat in larger amounts... and sleeping... great for sleeping lol

I was more concerned with offending some new potential friends lol...

2012 Jul 17
Nukem.

To speak only for myself,

I would not be offended, regardless of your reason for a quick "smoke".

So ... with /or without 'smoke', feel free to put me on your 'new potential friends' list. :-)

2012 Jul 17
I have no moral/ethical etc objection to someone partaking. I would prefer that in this situation that someone would follow the Captain's suggestions.

2012 Jul 17
Oh I just noticed my name up there - I was thinking more a park potluck. 17th does not work for me anyway - travelling the next morning.

2012 Jul 17
Nukem: Note that recent changes to Ottawa's smoking bylaw don't allow you to light up in the park.

2012 Jul 17
Glad to hear it folks... just polite to ask as im concerned. And Allume, I'm VERY well aware of that... makes my life a lot easier having quit smoking cigarettes a month and a half ago... no temptation nearby in most public places... so nice :)

2012 Jul 17
Glad you asked Nukem - I think it was respectful of the group and (despite that I can't attend this event) I appreciate folks who are of the "ask first, act after" mentality as opposed to the "act first, apologize later" category. And congrats on quitting smoking cigarettes - I smoked for 5 years and found quitting hard so good for you, and also good for you in seeing the benefit to the new bylaw. Best wishes!!

2012 Aug 9
*Bump* Just realized this is a week away, anyone still interested? I have a final exam that morning, so it would be a great way to unwind after!