Ottawa Food Blog [General]

2012 Jul 12
Hey Ottawa Foodies,

I invite you all to visit my food blog. I live in the Ottawa area and would love hearing from you all. I want to start reviewing restaurants soon and your suggestions are more than welcome.

Please visit my site at monfoodblog.com

All comments are welcome!

2012 Jul 13
Hey there, DrDan. Are you going to contribute here as well? It's rather bad form to make your first post on a site an ad for another (your) site. Usually that is known as SPAM, and while good when fried up in little cubes and added to macaroni and cheese dinner, it doesn't go so well in most online forums.

Just curious.

The content on your site is interesting and I like a lot of what you've done there.

2012 Jul 13
Gee, as another foodie simply looking to share experiences with other foodies, I thought I was knocking on a friendly door. Obviously, I was wrong.

I was clearly a bit naive but there was truly no bad intentions here and no one needed to be offended.

Sorry to have bothered you with my spam.

2012 Jul 13
DB , stay and hang out for a while and contribute to this site as well. There are others here who have blogs which are their primary hangout, but they contribute to this site too and through that drive traffic to their blog.

Though as Rizak said - it really is not cool to do a "drive by" just to point people at your blog and then not contribute anything else here. Surely you must realise that. How would you take to someone doing that on your blog?

EDIT: for example, Happy Mouth Blog does it. Check this recent thread for an example Forum - Road Tripping...New England . How many thumbs down do you see ( I simply got tired of thumbs-downing their posts like this so did not bother this time :-) )

Anyway, that's an indication that they are doing something right

2012 Jul 15
Hey Zymurgist, we write a food blog AND we're a part of this community. We contribute all the time without posting links and we write lots of content on our blog that may not be of interest to this community. When we post items that may be, we'll include a link. It's in everybody's interest to contribute to this community and to link to more in-depth content elsewhere. If you really can't get up the energy to click a link, feel free to keep thumbing our posts down.

2012 Jul 15
I guess you and the people thumbing me down missed the part where I said "that's an indication that they are doing something right"

2012 Jul 15
Can't we all just eat and be merry. =D

2012 Jul 15
Ravi

... as in "Eat, drink and be merry" ?

Back in my University Daze, I thought it was "Drink, drink and eat Mary".

But then again, my motto at that time was: "Seek pleasure and avoid responsibility ! ".

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ... Those where heady days.

2012 Jul 15
I tried being Mary once in my youth, and it didn't turn out so well...

2012 Jul 16
Mary had a little lamb ... much to the doctor's surprise !

2012 Jul 17
Great Blog Dr Dan!

2012 Jul 17
Bahahaha @ Bulubarry and Captain Caper twice lol... MacDougal had a little lamb and then he got arrested!