Ron Eade taking a buyout [General]

2012 Jul 9
Just heard on CBC that Ron Eade has taken a buyout and will be leaving The Citizen. He will continue with his blog. Quite a number of staff are going at the paper.

Best of luck Ron, retirement is great!

2012 Jul 9
Best of luck Ron and congrats on the buyout. Wish I could have gotten one from Nortel

2012 Jul 9
Huh. Well looks like I have no need for the Citizen Lifestyle section anymore. Say what you will about him, but Ron Eade was certainly plugged in and tipped Citizen readers off about many cool things over the years. He and DesBrisay should publish a news and reviews monthly.

2012 Jul 9
I will miss Ron Eade's contributions to the Food Pages. Thank You Ron.

2012 Jul 9
One less reason to buy the Citizen. Last one out, turn off the lights....

Best wishes to Ron, hope he stays active on here too.

2012 Jul 10
Thank you, Ottawa Foodies, for what for me was really a touching outpouring of good wishes here, on Twitter and in emails, in response to my decision to accept a buyout offer from the Citizen. It was truly quite emotionally moving for me.
It has been a tremendous, 14-year ride -- with front row seats to better witness talented Ottawa chefs being catapulted to world-class status! And deservedly so. I'd like to think I contributed in some small way by encouraging and supporting the food community, including training the spotlight on chefs and kitchens, growers and artisans, before the age of rock-star status.
This is not so much a requiem as it is a rebirth for me, as I am thrilled the Citizen wants me to continue the Omnivore's Ottawa blog on its website, up to and including republishing newsworthy material as editors deem fit, for print in the newspaper. Those are credentials I have worked hard to cultivate.
Again, thank you for your kindness; I so appreciate the tolerance so many of you have shown when perhaps I was less so myself.
I am mellowing with age. Really.
The very best to you all. We'll be in touch.

2012 Jul 10
You are mellowing with age ... you've accepted that you are now a mere blogger :-)

I'll still be following you ...

2012 Jul 10
Ron, best of luck to you with your blog. Enjoy the buyout!

2012 Jul 10
Thanks Ron for all those enlighten articles over the years !!

2012 Jul 10
Thanks Ron,
You have ptovided this reader much over the years...
Realize times change but Citizen used to have so many awesome food posts. I loved Laura's deadline dinners, Pam Colacutts posts, Louise (forgive me, can't remember her last name--Crosby?) vegetarian options. I have saved so many recipes from all of you over the years. Will miss you citizen food posts...(and also Anne Des BrisBay..) I will follow though I am a print girl first.