Recommendations for treat meals [General]

2012 Jun 25
Hey all, looking for some advice.

I've been on a pretty strict diet for a couple of months now to cut weight for a tournament. I plan to indulge a *bit* once that's over with and I'm looking to make that a quality experience instead of gorging on random junk food.

I live in Kanata and am fond of breakfast food, greek food, pizza and shawarma. I really like food in general though so if you have any recommendations outside of these, that'd be great too.

Any recommendations for good places to go?

2012 Jun 25
Huh... when I've been on a strict diet in the build up to a race, all I want to eat afterwards is the worst kind of deep fried crap I can possibly find.

Give us an idea of budget.

2012 Jun 25
I guess <$30/person.

2012 Jun 25
I'd hit the Prescott Hotel ...Pizza/Meatball sandwich platter and other deep fried stuff along with some cold beers. That will fix your diet !!

2012 Jun 25
If you do decide a meatball sammie is the way to go, the one at the 'Burbs is pretty good. Not as good as the Prescott, but closer to home. They have a good beer selection too.

2012 Jun 25
A couple that spring to mind in that bracket are The Buzz on Bank (middle of the gay village, food is very good and the ambience is great) or if you fancy something a little spicier, Ceylonta on Somerset (Sri Lankan food with a menu that will please anyone).

2012 Jun 25
The greek omlette at Broadways gets you 2/4 in one fat-ladden swoop with a side of the bestest homefries in the city.

2012 Jun 25
For Greek, I like the Greek Souvlaki Shack

I find they have authentic tasty Greek street food.

2012 Jun 25
If you love breakfast food and live in Kanata try a 20 minute drive to the Heart & Soul Cafe in Dunrobin and indulge in one of the fantastic breakfasts and the best coffee ever! Their breakfast rivals all--on weekends reservations are a must. (2 egg-any style breakfast with a side of bacon/ham/sausage, best homestyle potatoes ever, toast (white,ww or rye) ,fruit and free trade equator coffee for $6.99.) But they also have omelettes, pancakes and waffles, breakfast wraps, benedicts, fruit salads, breakfast sandwiches, bagels and a lovely lunch menu.

2012 Jun 27
Thanks all for the recommendations!