Private room [General]

2012 Jun 21
I need to host a private dinner for about 30 people in the downtown or Market area. Unfortunately for my guests, at 30 people Beckta is not an option. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

2012 Jun 21
Courtyard?

2012 Jun 21
Armada Lounge
Murray St
Social
Black Tomato

I think all of them have sections or rooms that seat 30 people.

How private do you need it?

2012 Jun 21
fraser cafe has a new private room....not sure how big though. Domus might be able to take you, i know they have done similar size in the past.

2012 Jun 21
I'm pretty sure smoque shack has a private room if you're looking for something a little more casual.

2012 Jun 22
We did a wedding at Courtyard. They have several rooms to choose from, some with adjoining bar you can use for a cocktail gathering. The food and service for 50 were flawless, but there is no elevator to the rooms on the second floor if that's a concern

2012 Jun 22
Mambo has a private dinner room, I believe. The Brig pub has an upstairs room, with its own bar - might be more for standing type functions though.

Johnny Farina's has a private area, but might not be what you want.

2012 Jun 22
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely check out Courtyard and Social. Smoque would be fun but not for this group (I need something a bit more formal) The venue needs to be fairly private because there will be a few speeches. I have hosted events at Domus before, and loved it. But, for any privacy, you have to take over the entire restaurant and their minimum charge is too much for this size of group. Does anyone know anything about Sidedoor's private room?

2012 Jun 22
The private room at LAGO is more than big enuf for those #s, utterly private and really really nice, w huge windows overlooking Dow's Lake. I can't say much good about their fish but the beef and aps have always been good and if you pick a set menu i don't think you can go wrong.

If you want to go informal, MEULE & CRAQUELON fondue place in Gatineau has private rooms and i'm pretty sure they can accomodate those #s. It's BYO and it's fondue, so that goes to a certain type of gathering.

If you want to drop the formality bar a bit lower THE WORKS on Richmond has a private room that i think may be big enough. If it's big enough and you want to go burgers this would probably be a great choice.

I've seen private functions done at CEYLONTA on Carling for those numbers (they close the bottom level and regular customers go upstairs). It's a nice setting, the food is awesome and no problems for speeches.

I could be wrong but i think SALA SAN MARCO has some smaller rooms that would work for 30ppl. They do great italian food there and typically have parties of 100s so your group wouldn't be difficult.

Hope that helps.

2012 Jun 22
The Clocktower Brew Pub on Bank Street in the Glebe can probably help. I had a beer tasting there last February. They placed us in the basement and closed it off for our function and the rest of the customers ate upstairs.

2012 Jun 22
We too did our wedding at the Courtyard and were very pleased with it. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Cheers

2012 Jun 22
Hi Nosher:

We could do it at our sister restaurant, Play, downstairs depending on the night. We do lots of private events in the space and would be happy to go over the details with you. Here is the link to the large group dining page at play www.playfood.ca

And our events manager is Kate Clark. She would be happy to assist you. Here email address is kclark@playfood.ca

Hope we get a chance to host your event with us!

All the best,

Steve

2016 Nov 24
In the market a new one is Andez but it would not be in the restaurant but upstair in the one of the banquet rooms and likely a set menu.

Not in the market area but in Westboro

Wellington Gastro Pub has a private room downstairs for 18-20 but likely set menu.

Gazellig not a private room but have a open loft area that is separate and they do have a lunch of 2 small plates for $22.

2016 Nov 24
Fraser Cafe would get my vote. Theirs is a separate building next door. Table 40

2016 Nov 24
north and navy

2016 Nov 25
Did not see that Play could accommodate. That would be superb!