Pop up patio launches along Rideau canal [General]

2012 Jun 18

Has anyone tried the pop-patio along the canal?
www.openfile.ca

I went to it last Friday and was happily surprised, nice view and spot to grab a bite and the Chef On Wheel menu had an interesting spread to select from fast-food to fusion, Thai and Vietnamese.

2012 Jun 19
Ummm...interesting. Ill check it out.

2012 Jun 21
Sounds good, will try.
The Canal needs this and more of it.

2012 Aug 25
Tried the 8 Locks Flat yesterday with a group from the office. This is a fantastic vantage point to have lunch on a sunny day. Once we had placed our tables under the canvas roof panels, we were very comfortable.

That's where the good part ends. We waited 10 minutes for our waitress to return to take our lunch order and then 30 minutes for the food. When we got our plates, we were asking ourselves: how long does it take to plate a Mediterranean platter that has all the components ready? And, to add to the irritation, no explanation or apology from our server. After warm receptions and gracious hosting by other restauranteurs in Ottawa, it struck me that this place has a long way to go on the service side.

I will give them a thumbs up on the gazpacho with cilantro cream. Very well seasoned and perfectly cold.

I'd consider this to be a place one goes when time is not a constraint.