Local catering [General]

2012 Jun 16
Looking for a good caterer for some dinners this summer, but nobody seems to agree on who is consistent and quality. I couldn't get 1 guy to call me back. I heard from a couple of people that Essence was good but overpriced and the owner was difficult and the website is down. Thyme and Again? What about Tulips and Maple? Maybe I'll get the Lonestar to take care of it. I miss real Portuguese style BBQ chicken if possible. HELP!

2012 Jun 17
You could try these folks: www.wineanddineathome.ca

2012 Jun 18
Pork Belly Pete Jason Laurin (chef/owner of Essence Catering) was interviewed on CBC radio this morning with Matt Carmichael. Apparently they are starting up some pop-up dinner clubs the first one being at Mellos. I believe Matt has already left his job with Sidedoor - not sure if Jason will be continuing with the catering business. Maybe that's why the Essence Catering website might be down right now?

As for recommendations I have had take-out dinners from Culinary Conspiracy and Thyme and Again and can highly recommend their meals. I haven't tried their catering services but based on the products I have sampled I can recommend them.

I have also had lunches catered by La Bottega and they always do a fabulous job. Their Italian deli platter, their cheese platter, their sandwich platter and their antipasto platter are always a hit.

2012 Jun 18
Tulips and Maple have done a very good job at every event I've seen catered by them (both large and small).
(whats with the bold - is it just me? remove bold tag didn't work)

2012 Jun 18
No my response is entirely in bold and this one probably will be too... I just sent a PM to Fresh Foodie to ask if he can fix it.

2012 Jun 18
Fixed, sorry about that. Manual bolding of URLs throws my regular expressions off. :O

2012 Jun 18
What is a "pop-up dinner clubs"? I have not heard of this before.

2012 Jun 18
winelover It's like a dinner club but rotates around to various restaurants at times when the restaurant would normally be closed. There is a better explanation on openfile: www.openfile.ca

And foodieprints did a good write-up on their blog: foodieprints.com

2012 Jun 18
Scrumptious in Stittsville is very good. sucruptiousfood.ca, I think.

2012 Jun 18
www.cbc.ca

Here is a link to the CBC interview that Pasta Lover mentioned above.

2012 Jun 19
I have used Tulips and Maple many times and they have done spectacular job every time, not just with the excellent food and service, but with the flair they can bring to table decor. The food offerings are interesting (venison and blueberries at one of our events) and they can propose and revise menus for you by email. They will really work hard to get things just right. And half an hour after the party is over there is no mess and it's like they were never there.

2012 Nov 6
Ottawa is one of the important locations in the Greater Toronto Area. There are so many good food services offering restaurants one can find in Ottawa. However, for the best one, one should check out the online reviews first. After checking out online reviews one should go for sampling also if possible.

pane-vino.ca/

2012 Nov 6
Wow we are now a suburb of Toronto...

2012 Nov 6
It was only a matter of time. And now with Montreal looking for a new mayor... they could be next!! :P