Euro 2012 - places to watch? [General]

2012 Jun 8
Any other foodies going to spend time out watching the Euro 2012 matches? I know the usual suspects.. Earl of Sussex, Georgetown, Pub Italia, Irish Village, wherever on Elgin.. but wondering whether there are some other spots that foodie/footie hybrids might visit.

Would particularly like to find somewhere Croatian or Dutch.. but for now, I think I'll be starting off up the street at The Wood.

2012 Jun 11
The Georgetown is the Dutch place to go.

Sala San Marco opens up for the Italian games. They have food (big plates of calamari, smelts, zucchini etc. for $10 or lasagne, meatbull sandwiches, sausages)

The Portugese fans go to a cafe in Lowertown - Cafe Caco.

I know some Croats - I will have to ask them where they watch it. Not sure if Dom Polski is opening up for the Poland games.

2012 Jun 11
I wouldn't recommend Cafe Caco, too seedy. Lindenhof was closed Saturday before 4pm. Always a challenge looking for a place in Ottawa for these tourneys. Georgetown is decent, so-so food.

Broadway's bar area was pretty good with a few fans, Heart & Crown Preston, too. Looking forward to catching an Ireland game at one of the pubs.

2012 Jun 11
As ever, St Louis on Elgin is a great place to watch sport - lots of screens, fantastic service, perfectly decent food for a sports bar.

2012 Jun 11
Malone's grill @ dowslake and KS on the keys both had the games on this weekend.

2012 Jun 13
I give my thumbs up to the Georgetown.

We went to there on Saturday to watch the Dutch have their assess handed to them by Denmark :(

We didn't order much: just an order of shrimp/pork spring rolls and an order of deep-fried spicy pickled beans. The food was really good!

The spring rolls were, honestly, among the best I've had in the city. Huge chunks of flavourful shrimp. I was initially amused that the description for these on the menu notes that their chef is Vietnamese, but you can tell that they were made with love.

The beans were a great alternative to fries, and really went well with the peppercorn ranch dressing they serve with it. I would have liked them to be a bit more spicy, but I'm used to my uncle's habanero-pickled green beans so maybe I'm spoiled.

2012 Jun 14
Pesto's on Hazeldean just put in a TV and are showing Euro games there ...