Chinatown Shopping Discoveries [Food/Vendor]

2012 May 28
I like to look at all the 'foreign' stuff available at the various ethnic food stores in Chinatown.

Some I tried and like and others are complete bombs.

Here are some I haven't tried yet and am looking for feedback before splurging into the unknown.

Has anyone tried and liked any of the wacky frozen treats ? Like these GariGariKun Soda Ice Candy ?

2012 May 28
.... or Mung Bean Milk Ice Bar or Green Tea and Red Bean Milky Ice Bar ????

2012 May 28
I like red bean popsicles though I haven't tried that particular brand. It might be a bit of an acquired taste, though. Usually you don't think bean when you think of dessert. If you like red bean or green tea ice cream you'd probably like the popsicle.

2012 May 28
Just seconds ago had a couple Mochi ice creams from Lotto. Normally they're ultra yummy but these seemed a little off.

Red bean ice cream is yummy, as is asian coconut and mango.

Had a bite of the Ms's coconut popsicle just now, heaven.

Lot's of neat stuff in asian grocery stores. Lemon wafers, pocky, these fried twisted cookies, vietnamese baked buns with pork/egg/sausage etc.

Getting hungry. gotta stop thinking about it. lol.

2012 May 29
What are these ???

Looks like crinkle cut fries with dipping sauce.

2012 May 29
Have you ever checked out the ingredients and where they are made? Those with Japanese words in the package are often made in China or made in Taiwan. They are not made in Japan.

2012 May 29
if you like red bean popsicles, you can make them yourself with red bean soup..

2012 May 30
Any recommended stores in chinatown for those? Or is T&T the way to go?

2012 May 31
Mart242: All my pics came from Kowloon Market .

Anyone try the Pea Crackers ? Hot or Basil ?

2012 May 31
... or anyone try this family of snacks from Taiwan ?

2012 May 31
... or also these "Good Good Eat" snacks.

Some look like the Indian sev snack but with a different flour.

2012 May 31
I love kowloon market...but those packaged goods may contain any number of nasty food additives and/or chemicals. If you can't understand the food ingredient label (asian OR canadian---do not eat that "food" ;(