Korea Garden, anyone? [Food/Vendor]

2007 Aug 8
I'm wondering if anyone has been to the Korea Garden since it's re-opened? I have never tried Korean food and this place has peaked my curiosity (also in my neighbourhood so I walk by there almost every day).

I am wondering essentially if it's worth a visit or if there is another location worth checking out for Korean food in Ottawa.

Cheers :)

2007 Aug 8
Ottawa is blessed to have a great Korean grocer right downtown.

Arum Korean Market
512 Bank Street
ottawafoodies.com/vendor/33

Anything and everything you need. Knives are a steal here too.

PS. Ottawa best flower store Kennedy Flowers is very close by, if you are looking for something to spice up the table for a party, visit: Ottawa Kennedy Flower Shop, 502 Bank St.

They supply a good number of high end restaurants and florists in the city, his primary business is wholesale; but he loves company in the shop.

www.ottawakennedyflowershop.ca

2007 Aug 8
Jules, we have a Korean tag here: ottawafoodies.com/tag/30

I love Joy, Miga, and Arum. I didn't know Korean Garden has re-opened, so it's probably worth trying. It was the only one with the "real" bulgogi set up (grills built into the tables) although when I went ten years ago it didn't measure up well against the experiences I had in Toronto.

I'm wondering if Korean is becoming the next big thing in Ottawa now that Pho places are ubiquitous...

2011 Jun 26
I thought it was quite good especially for a city like ottawa. Service was quick, attentive and the food has become pretty authentic now. I never went to it before the renovations, but I defilement recommend it!
Here are some pics of the place & food.
kubeen81.blogspot.com