Ottawa Foodies pin [Site]

2012 May 17
What would our OF pin look like? Would it be a golden poutine? How about a giant tongue? Crossed knife and fork across a wine glass? An embossed pic of FreshFoodie's face? A chicken/goat/cow/fish/brick of tofu combination?

I mean, I'm pretty easily recognized. I'm that tall, freakishly good looking man with the long red hair and beard, wearing the kilt. Hard to miss. However, I'm sure that I must have run into more than one of you around town and wouldn't know you unless you were taking an artful pic of your meal with your camera phone, mentioning that you were about to post this online.

2012 May 17
anyone remember the rec.food.cooking shirt? it was a logo with a knife, a large "@" and a fork. Not that I'd want to rip that off - but it was cool in the day. (80's/90's)

2012 May 17
This?

2012 May 17
that's the one.

2012 May 17
I actually designed a few of these the last time this came up - I'm going to scan the sketch when I get home and post it for feedback.

Ottawa Foodies Pin Design Contest!? I know a good spot where we can get 1-inch pins made for cheap, then we can stop playing the "I was the one wearing thing blue shorts" game. This would also be useful in the ongoing fried-chicken party at the Zaki Broasted Chicken and Grill page.

I would personally get one for every jacket. :)

2012 May 18
Haha.. you guys rock!

This is going to sound a little facetious, but a great way to be recognizable in public is to put your actual face in your profile here and participate in the discussions. ;-)

Aside from a somewhat cryptic "FF" t-shirt, the only OttawaFoodies-identifying garment I have is the following: warby.wordans.com

The shirt has Poutine (heart over the "i") on the front and "ottawafoodies.com" on the back.

2012 May 18
FF, Can that still be ordered?

If so, I'm buying one today...

2012 May 18
Yeah for sure! That site (wordans) is a great facility. Makes for relatively affordable custom t-shirts. I hate wearing brand names and got tired of solid colour T's, so I started making my own.

2012 May 18
well I am at Zaki now wearing an orange golf shirt with pineapples on it. you cant miss me. say hi if your doing lunch here today