Ravioli Recipes? [General]

2007 Aug 7
As a recent recipient of the pasta maker attachment for my Kitchenaid mixer, I feel inspired to make some homemade pasta this weekend.

I am looking for some interesting ravioli recipes -- any suggestions for fillings?

2007 Aug 7
I've never come across a recipe for one, but a mushroom-based one would be cool. You could roast some cremini mushrooms with a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar then finely chop (or purée?) them. Then mix that with some parmesan cheese, and a little bit of sherry. Once you've filled the ravioli, you could give them a toss in some browned butter, rosemary (or sage?) and pine nuts. It would have a ton of really earthy flavour.

Never made this, but it sounds good in my head. Man, with a duck breast, I bet this would taste like six kinds of awesome.

2007 Aug 7
My favorite is from a show from the food network... This Food, That Wine.

www.foodtv.ca

Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Pecorino

2007 Aug 13
Many years ago I had ravioli that were filled with braised short rib, at Tabla in New York City. They were served with a horseradish sauce and were definitely delicious. If you wanted to do that at home all you'd have to do, I guess, is make your favourite beef stew recipe, use short ribs instead of stewing beef, and then be sure that you don't put too much sauce in your ravioli when you make them.

2007 Aug 15
A thought for spring ravioli:

peas and morel rings, lightly cook onions in clarified butter for 10-15 (wilted, not browning), add mushrooms for 10 more minutes - or until onions begin to turn. Remove morel rings, set aside. Mush peas with the back of fork w/ a touch of olive oil. Place morel ring on ravioli, pipe in peas and close up. Only seconds will be needed to cook them. Serve with a simple white sauce (with white pepper).

Tastes like spring. Byward Fruit and Vegetable has morels year round, cheapest in mid-April to mid-May when in season.

For fall: roasted butternut squash, purred with lardons of pancetta or bacon

2007 Aug 28
one of the best and quite traditional is a sweet potato roasted mixed with one bag of ricotta (get the good stuff from Nicastros in the market I can't remember the name but Pat will know) grate in 2 gingersnaps and a pinch salt and pepper. Make your dough with some popyseeds. And for the sauce just do brown butter, sage and prosciutto liberally dusted with romano.