Warning re: Dealfind [General]

2012 May 1
Hello everyone,

Just a warning regarding deal sites, specifically dealfind.ca. They usually have a discuss this deal section where you can ask any questions before you purchase. Today I was looking into a salon deal and when I called the salon their number was out of service. I asked on the board if this was because it was a new company and they deleted my comment. I re asked and they deleted my comment again, this time adding a response that they would look into it, making it obvious that my comment was deleted. I subscribed to the conversation and people who had purchased this deal in the past who had not yet been able to book any appointments as the phone lines have been down for months, and they deleted that comment too.

I have written to dealfind to tell them that I find this practice to be dishonest. I understand if someone is writing terrible things about a salon without reason (as with un warranted negative reviews on here), but deleting questions such as why is the phone out of service is not acceptable.

Thought I would share.

-GK

2012 May 1
Thank you, I've added them to my do not buy from list. I recommend everyone do so for them and kahoot.

2012 May 1
That's been one of the shadier group deal sites of the ones I'm subscribed to-- they had a similarly sketchy deal for some tech gadget that was pretty much a misadvertised knockoff of what people thought they'd be getting with it.

2012 May 1
Koopon has deleted comments as well. They were also selling some sketchy tech gadget and someone ask them why they were selling such a horrible gadget and the comment got deleted.

2012 May 1
could this be reported to the gov as fraud/scheme to hustle people out of money??

2012 May 6
I got into a nasty tirade with their support staff just around the holidays. I had bought a coupon for a cheap Android tablet, tried to redeem it and the dealer had changed the terms (I had a screenshot). Now they expected me to wait a month before redeeming, and pay a surcharge because the price of the item had gone up since the Dealfind promo, plus inflated S+H. The CS rep pointed me to the web site, where these new restrictions were listed. I replied with my screenshot and they accused me of photoshopping it!

They dicked me around for a week but I eventually got a refund. They tried to offer me a gift voucher instead, at first for 20% more than my purchase, then 50% more. Only catch was, this gift voucher had an expiration date and I had to spend it all on a single deal. It wasn't until I threatened to file a chargeback through Mastercard that they relented.

My humble advice: AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

2012 May 9
Ginger Kid:

What was the deal, and what salon? I recently bought a dealfind for Red salon and spa but haven't tried to call yet.

2012 May 10
It was Platinum on Holland I think!

2012 May 13
After the Aubreys deal with Kahoot, I plan on never using any of these services again. Too easy to get ripped off by shady business owners