Best Take-Out for Birthday [General]

2012 Apr 26
I'm bringing some food over to my grandmother who wants to eat in for her birthday.. Looking for takeout ideas in Hull, Downtown Ottawa or East end (St. Laurent area)

Thanks in advance.

2012 Apr 26
Try Epicuria! In the same plaza as the Works at the corner of St. Laurent/ Hemlock... Look at the menu online, and I can promise you the food will be tasty!

2012 Apr 26
If you have wheels to get out to Chelsea, Les Fougeres' take out, three-course dinners are excellent, great value (at $19.95 pp) and worthy of a grandmother's birthday celebration. They're available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Scroll down to the link at the very bottom of this page for this month's offerings www.fougeres.ca

I also like Red Apron in Downtown Ottawa www.redapron.ca/dinner.html, though it's more comfort food oriented. Their fresh takeout meals are very nice and the same price point (works out to just under $20 pp), but only available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They also have frozen options, which reheat great. While you don't get an entire coordinated menu, you could create your own by also getting some of their takeaway soup and desserts. They deliver too.

2012 Apr 27
Thyme & Again catering on Wellington (just past Holland). Slightly further from your area, but you can pick-up and reheat at her place.

www.thymeandagain.ca

They have weekly menus and lots of good desserts.

2012 Apr 27
All the suggestions above are good ones, and you can also order things from Art-is-in. I've had amazing tourtiere, flatbreads and quiche that reheated well at home.

2012 Apr 27
I could recommend Culinary Conspiracy. I believe their menu changes weekly but it is always posted on their website so you can see what is available.