Recommendations - 40th b-day in Kanata [General]

2012 Apr 25
A friend has asked for a few recommendations for her boyfriend's upcoming 40th birthday. They're looking for a nice place, with good food, for about 20. Ideally a place where a party of 20 wouldn't interfere with others in the restaurant (could be loud). I was thinking Issac's or Cabotto's...

Some place with separate rooms, like Biagio's would be ideal....

2012 Apr 25
you may want to try CCJ steak house. I can't comment on the food, as I've only had one lunch there, but the location and size of the restaurant would accommodate your needs. Issac's is no more, Cabotto's would work. The other place that may suit is the restaurant in the Holiday Inn. I haven't been there for a while, but it served surprisingly good food for hotel. There are slim pickings for good restaurant that can accommodate that large a group in Kanata.

2012 Apr 25
The pickings are fairly slim in Kanata, but there's an Italian place I've eaten at a few times with customers before games at SBP. The name is escaping me now, but it's entirely decent. Edit: Fratelli's. Nothing spectacular, but fine. Not very big though.

I haven't eaten at CCJs but it is very close to where I work, and the reports I have heard of it have been mixed to say the least. I'll give it a go some time, but I'm not sure I'd entrust to it for a 40th birthday for 20 people.

2012 Apr 25
Been to a few birthday benders at the Ashton pub and they seem very accomodating to groups. The great homebrew is just an added bonus.
Cheers smoker guy

2012 Apr 25
Not much of an option in Kanata. I would definitely avoid CCJs. Been there twice and was not impressed either time. The italian resto in the Holiday in is Graffiti's and it is surprisingly decent. I love Cabotto's but it doesn't really have one space for 20. You could try Paco Pazzo (not a huge fan, but it is decent). Fratelli's is the same. I love Cheshire Cat. You'd fill the place, but the food and atmosphere are great and the beer selection is outstanding. The easy one would be the Lone Star, mediocre food, but the place screams birthday.

2012 Apr 25
Or if you want to go a little more low rent, the Crazy Horse does surprisingly decent steak. You just have to be surrounded by screaming drunk 20 year olds if you go there at the weekend.