Pix of restaurant exteriors [General]

2007 Jul 30
Ashley's posted a few pix of what you see when driving by a restaurant.

ottawafoodies.com (for ex)

...and it seemed to me while looking at it that, hey, pix of restaurant exteriors might be really useful to have en masse here.

No stunning photography necessary, just enough to allow people to check here, and then be able to say "That's it! I just saw it! PARK!" (or, "RING THE BELL!") when going by too quickly. I suppose a picture of the inside might be a plus for anywhere with a horrible front, but the practical advantages to an exterior pic seem plentiful.

Any comments?

(Re. "Hate to see graffiti on a clean wall. This is so normal in downtown buildings" -- yeah -- that sort of quality-of-life problem was a big part of why I moved far, far away from downtown. Even the nicest old heritage buildings get it :-(

2007 Jul 31
Agreed. Thanks for posting those pictures Ashley. I often can't place a restaurant by name but show me a picture...

2007 Jul 31
I love the idea of posting exterior pix, being such a visual person. Alot of times I read the reviews of places and look at the location, but just can't picture it in my mind. Then driving by one of these places, I'll be like, "Hey, I think that is one of the places so and so on Ottawa Foodies was talking about!"

2007 Jul 31
I think it's great. I think as photos get added they should be integrated into the Restaurant's profile.

2007 Jul 31
This is exactly what I wanted to propose. Just too busy to log on in the last few days. But you've already read my mind. FF, something for you to think about and how to integrate a pix showing a restaurant exterior in a restaurant profile. Ha ha. Happy part-time job! We may be able to download some photos from a restaurant website also.