Desperate to find Golden Chicken recipe a la Phnom Penh! [General]

2012 Mar 6
Anyone has a good golden chicken recipe similar to the one previously served at Phnom Penh which recently closed? Craving their golden chicken! I modified this recipe www.livestrong.com and added peanuts and jalapeņo peppers but something is missing.

2012 Mar 6
If you figure it out, please share it with us here.. that's one of my favourite dishes in the city.

2012 Mar 7
Couldn't agree more. That was my favourite dish at Phnom Penh. Does anybody know why they closed and if the new restaurant (Kanata Noodle House) is connected with them in any way.

I must admit that over the last number of years it never did seem to be very busy.

2012 Mar 7
It closed! Oh no. Now I'll have to drive down to Kingston to get my Cambodian fix. And although I've tried to replicate it, I have not been successful.

2012 Mar 8
Sad to hear that it closed down! After moving from Kingston, it was the only place that came close to the Kingston Cambodian restaurants (although I still prefer Royal Angkor in Kingston the most :P) Guess it'll be a 2 hour drive for Cambodian food from now on...

2012 Mar 8
It was the same owners as the one in Kingston but not related to the Kanata Noodle House. They are getting old and business was so-so so they decided to close this one down. the one in Kingston is still open.