Nice place downtown for a business lunch? [General]

2012 Mar 6
Needs to be in the core i.e. not the Market, Elgin etc - in the central few blocks. Other than Hy's, any recommendations please?

2012 Mar 6
Johnny English I could recommend Edoko. Our office has gone there for staff lunches and they have been most accomodating. The food is delicious, they can accomodate small and larger groups, and they have a tatami room if you prefer some privacy. Also the noise level is low enough so you can converse well with your dining companions (in other words not noisy).

There is always Wilfrid's in the Chateau Laurier and ARC Lounge in Arc the Hotel.

I know you said not Elgin Street but would you consider Le Café?

I'm not sure if this is too far outside of your parameters but there is also Prime 360 and Mamma Teresa Ristorante. I know I am going to get slammed for the last one but they accomodate groups and the atmosphere is condusive to conversing with your dining companions (ie - not too noisy).

2012 Mar 6
I'm not 100% sure how you're defining the 'central few blocks' but I'd consider both Aroma Meze and Cafe Paradiso to both be in there.

I'm assuming you're looking upscale but the Greek Souvlaki Shack and Grounded are both pretty swell, if not fancy enough.

2012 Mar 6
Thanks both, much appreciated.

2012 Mar 7
I'd echo the comments above for Cafe Paradiso and Arc Lounge. I've also had good lunches at Tosca on O'Connor, and two weeks ago I had a spectacular Japanese themed banquet dinner at the Sheraton that far exceeded my expectations, and made me want to try them again. If you don't mind going to Somerset, Mekong is a great place for a business lunch, especially if you book the upstairs room. I long for the days when Beckta served lunch on weekdays, as it was my go-to.

2012 Mar 7
I've had nice successful business lunches at Suisha Gardens (now called I believe "C'est Japon à Suisha"...not sure why they changed to that clunky name).
Edoko is also good, but I've found the sushi at Suisha to be of a slightly higher quality and the service more formal.

Does Town serve lunch? If so I'd recommend them (even though they're on Elgin).

Perhaps not fancy, but the Parliament Pub seems to lend itself well to business discussions and the like (ie, not too loud).

On the same token, I would avoid your Royal Oaks and similars because they are noisy with poor acoustics to boot.

2012 Mar 12
Town Serves Lunch on some days, they do it well...