Suggestions for 'perfect' lasagna pan [General]

2012 Feb 29
I'm looking for a big honking lasagna pan that will properly fit the noodles. Currently the 9x13 pan just isn't cutting it and I want to get something great. Just doing an informal survey of what pepole are using and like.

2012 Feb 29
I have a big Paderno pan that I use. Check out the specials page on their website I bought mine in PEI several years ago

paderno.com/can/index.php

2012 Feb 29
If you like the side pieces as much as I do, then you could check this out:
www.thinkgeek.com

2012 Mar 1
It's been a while, but in the past I've used my non-stick Paderno roasting pan for lasagna. It may require a bit of cutting and reassembling to get the noodles to fit, though.

2012 Mar 1
What type of noodles are you using? If you use cooked or fresh, they can be easily cut to fit any pan...

2012 Mar 2
Again, depending on how big you want your lasagna to be, we use the old Corningware lasagna pans. They're great. They're just slightly bigger than the noodles, so I can get lots of space on the sides so I don't have to scrape it out when cutting.

Since I started using this size of pan, I don't think I could go back to one that is EXACTLY the size of the noodle. Of course, that would be a problem with making a larger dish because the noodles would float out to the edges. When I made it like this for my family last summer, they were amazed that they hadn't thought to do it this way.

I just hate scrubbing dishes, so this was a solution.

Also, you can sometimes find them at garage sales really cheap, so this was another solution.

2012 Mar 3
@ hip funky fun , I'd want them to fit dry noodles for those times when I cheat and use oven ready. Trimming the cooked noodles is fine. Ideally I'd like to get three dry noodles in lengthwise and one across the top.

2012 Mar 5
I have a couple of glass pans and just wide enough to fit 3 noodles side by side and just slightly longer than the noodles themselves.

I have also used some aluminum loaf pans that were just long enough for a single noodle.. some mini loaf pans for half a noodle if I want to freeze large single servings..