Petit Bill's Bistro [General]

2012 Feb 11
Just to let everyone know so that there is NO confusion we are shutting down for 10-14 days as of the 15th of Feb. to do some renovations...

New Floors in the kitchen & dining room; new kitchen equipment, back to table cloths & a revised menu (of course the Lobster Poutine will still be there along with other favorites)

My chef & I are off to St. John's for a week to find ideas & suppliers...

So keep it in mind for the last weekend in Feb for re-opening..

Thanks everyone
Terry

2012 Feb 11
Nooo!!! Dang it. And I had a babysitter for Feb 23.

Have fun (and if you happen to be inspired by a lobster roll, let us know)

2012 Feb 11
Hey Terry.
Why not meet the call to you for Lobster Rolls.
A special ... possibly to celebrate your re-launch.

see this entry for 5 different calls from Ottawa Foodies for Peteit Bills to come up with the goods.

Forum - Where can i find Lobster rolls in Ottawa?

Heck .. ya got lobster in the galley already.

2012 Feb 12
So sorry Triple H, we'll know around the 23rd to when we can actually open...

Lobster Rolls are a great idea while I'm in St. John's I'll try & find something special...

Terry

2012 Feb 12
Funny, I was in for dinner last night and admired the scuffed wooden floors. Everything was delicious though we had a very long wait to order. I'd love to see salt cod on the menu. Mmm salt cod and brewis.

2012 Feb 12
Hi Terry,

Can lobster roll be made with whole grain roll option ?

2012 Feb 12
Travelicious did you have to wait a long time to order or did it seem like a long time for your food to arrive (either way I apologize)
In the DR you actually see the best of the beaten floors but without getting into detail it REALLY needs to be replaced!

FoodTravel; if we do the Lobster roll I'll find a whole wheat roll just for you!

Terry

2012 Feb 12
The food came out quickly when ordered, we just had about 15 minutes longer to look at the menu than we needed. Our server seemed a bit overwhelmed at that point, but it was less busy later. Enjoy your trip!

2012 May 30
Terry,

I see you have lobster roll on a croissant on your menu now?

2012 May 31
Hi FoodTravel; yes the lobster roll is on a croissant..

Hope to see you soon...
Terry

2012 May 31
From the Petit Bill's online menu:

"Lobster Roll
Lobster salad, lettuce & tomato on a fresh croissant
Served with cole slaw & frites 18"

Terry, Can you elaborate on the 'lobster salad" ? Traditional mayo/celery/salt/pepper ? or something different ?

Could I substitute the frites for a lobster poutine ... and go directly to lobster heaven ???

Thanks.

2012 May 31
The recipe is pretty traditional & yes you can substitute any side you wish (of course the lobster poutine sub comes @ a price) you can have salad, Chowder or Salad instead of fries if you'd like...

My suggestion would be that if you're in with a friend that you would share a lobster poutine & have salad or Chowder/soup with the Lobster Roll...

ask for me if you decide to come in Captain!

Terry

2012 May 31
I am coming to dine here soon, the Lobster roll s calling me!!!

2012 May 31
lol The lobster rolls are calling a lot of people :D

2012 Jun 3
For those interested in a outing with lobster rolls, check in on the Ottawa Foodies dinner for June thread