Favourite cheap vegetarian places? [Food/Vendor]

2012 Jan 27
Hello!

I'm sure this has been posted before, though I sifted through the archives a bit and couldn't really find what I was looking for. Just wondering if you guys have any favourite vegan or vegetarian-friendly restaurants downtown that are relatively inexpensive. While the majority of restaurants have meat-free entrees (mmm, portobello mushroom cap burgers at The Works!), it's kind of fun to experiment outside the restaurants I've been to in Ottawa (which isn't a lot, sadly!)

Thanks in advance!

2012 Jan 27
i've been a vegetarian for over 20 years now. ottawa has a great selection of veg options, i only have problems when dining with people who aren't into just veg. i find some restaurants in town have 1 dish for vegetarians and it is pasta. i seldom want to eat pasta at a restaurant. see below for some options.

hintonburger, veg dogs, veg burgers. in hintonburg
Hintonburger

perfection-satisfaction-promise, near ottawa u
Perfection-Satisfaction-Promise

blue nile for ethiopian veg platter. it is on gladstone, but there are other ethiopian on rideau:
Blue Nile

green door on main street
Green Door

govindas is the cheapest all veg deal in town
Govinda's

green earth on preston st
Green Earth Vegetarian Restaurant

peace garden in the market
Peace Garden

zen kitchen on sommerset. brunch & lunch are good price-wise, dinner for a treat
ZenKitchen

vegetarian tag
ottawafoodies.com/tag/62

2012 Jan 27
I'd also like to add

The Table - corner of Welligton/Holland.

I've also had success at the Wellington Gastropub. If you tell them when you make your reservation, they are very accommodating with special requests.