Poulain Hot Chocolate in Ottawa/Gatineau [Food/Vendor]

2012 Jan 22
I am trying to find Poulain brand hot chocolate powder in Ottawa or Gatineau. It us usually in an orange plastic container and is "Grand Arome". I have already checked the French Baker, Nicastro, and the Bagelshop. Would love to have a good excuse to go to France to pick some up, but the budget does not allow for that right now....Thanks in advance.

2012 Jan 22
www.chocodirect.com

They've got it at chocodirect which ships in Canada only.

You're welcome to order some haribo gummies while you're at it.. delivery anywhere in Canada is some 4.99. Likely less than the gas you've spent going between the shops you've visited already.

Careful though, many have not left Chocodirect without a pile of sweets .. never to be found craving again... :)

2012 Jan 23
Never tried that brand. How does it compare to the usual stuff you find here, ie: Nestle Quick, Cadbury hot chocolate (from Costco I think) and whatever else is out there?

2012 Jan 23
as an aside.... Try adding some quality cocoa powder to your Hot Chocolate mix. yumm Yumm.

en.wikipedia.org

2012 Jan 25
Lol,
I was going to post they should have it as I buy items there every month or 2.....but someone on here B!tched at me for even mentioning.....(-it was some lady that did that.....).

Well,
if you do order, they also usually add a whole bunch of extras to your order.
my last order was $50 in Dec and I got 5 or 6 large chocolate bars and a couple small bags haribo.

I find though the prices for Haribo are very bad there-Swiss pastries is usually cheaper, but not much selection.