Good roti? [General]

2012 Jan 21
There used to be a roti truck that would stop around Laurier, Albert! Queen streets. It served great chicken and sublime potatoPea roti. The roti dough was light, almost like a naan. The truck has disappeared but I still crave the roti. I have tried several others and while the fillings are OK (too much flour in the sauce usually) none have a roti dough that compares. Anyone know of good roti in Ottawa?
Tks, ECK

2012 Jan 21
Try Groovy's Roti Hut. Been a while since I was there so maybe call see if they still exist. The atmosphere was different but the food was good after it finally came.

2012 Jan 21
Groovy's is great. I haven't been for a few months but as far as I know it's still going.

The hours are a thing of mystery (i.e. whenever they feel like being open, it seems - sometimes they're open at 1am, other times they're closed at 7:30pm) and they never seem to have goat, but the food is excellent.

2012 Jan 21

2012 Jan 21
Groovys is very good. Mugena is decent

2012 Jan 23
I've never been to Groovy's, but I've had the roti from Carribean Sizzler and it's so good. I suggest the jerk chicken roti, the sauce is delicious. It's on Bank and slater.

2012 Jan 26
I agree, Groovy's is very good.