Food delivery in Ottawa [General]

2012 Jan 17
With the cold weather finally upon us I'm going to need a few food delivery options at my fingertips to get me through these winter evenings. Who's good, reliable and delivers to the downtown/Glebe area?

The only consistently reliable vendor who delivers that I have found since moving here is Greek on Wheels - but there's only so many souvlaki platters I can handle, and I'm kind of Greeked-out at this point.

Indian Express used to be handy, but the last 3 times I called I got various excuses for why they wouldn't/couldn't/don't deliver anymore, despite advertising on their website that they do.

Please HELP!!!

2012 Jan 17
Diamondsintherough My personal favourite is the Vietnamese Kitchen. I am now hooked on the salt and pepper squid and the staff seems to have my order memorized now-;)

Some other suggestions were made here: Forum - Too lazy...Delivery Options??post_id=39182#post_39182

2012 Jan 17
The Ariana Kebab House delivers according to their flyer.

www.arianakababhouse.com/

I don't have any first-hand experience at the Alta Vista location, but if it's the same people that used to own the place of the same name that burnt down in Britannia, it was very good.

2012 Jan 17
Another poster on here put me onto India Palace on Albert, who not only deliver but deliver the only decent Indian food I've yet found in Ottawa.

2012 Jan 17
You have to plan a bit farther ahead, but I really like Red Apron. redapron.ca/dinner.html They're also a total lifesaver when my husband is away on business and I'm working full-time with the kids. They deliver for a fee but they're located on Gladstone so I always just swing by to pick up on my way home. I keep a couple of their frozen items in my freezer at all times.