Mucho burrito [General]

2012 Jan 6
I had the misfortune of driving aimlessly through Kanata Centrum and, faint from hunger, stopped in at this place. Second visit was much like the first; great burrito, slow service. I had the carnitas the first time and chorizo the second. For suburban hell I was impressed. I think it was mostly the finish of cilantro and jalapeņos on the burritos. Never worth the trip but wholly satisfying. Check it out.

2012 Jan 8
It's very decent, we've been to the one at Merivale/Baseline a number of times. I had issues with service a couple times. Which across a half-dozen people seemed to be the consensus. But last time we were there, the service was great. The food has always been good (which is the hard part for a business to get sorted). I personally enjoy Chipotle more, which is what Mucho Burrito is a copy of. The sauces are just better at Chipotle, which seems to make the burrito.

I'm really glad they came to Ottawa. Adds some variety to the otherwise stale sharwama, burger, and poutine fast food environment.

2012 Jan 9
Was in there on the weekend and the guy ahead of me said he just wanted a gator aid and no food. So the line proceeds and the young kid at the counter asks him what he would like to drink, he says 'gator aid' and a 'coors light'. no food ordered but the cashier asks him if that was for here or to go. The guy says 'to go' and the beer and gator aid were placed in a bag and handed to the guy who then walks out!

2012 Jan 9
(scratching head)

Um... so?

2012 Jan 9
So, he got beer for takeout!? haha.

2012 Jan 9
I was unaware that Mucho Burrito was licensed...

2012 Jan 9
Maybe take-home-the-rest applies to beer, too! I should try this...

2012 Jan 9
Hi Krusty, thanks for your comment. This has come to our attention and I assure you we are looking into this. Beer is definitely not to be removed from the restaurant (unless there is an appropriate patio) and must be opened prior to giving it to the guest.

Thank you.

Mucho Burrito Head Office

2012 Jan 9
This is actually a pretty cool service considering in Ontario one can only get brews at the liquor and beer stores.

2012 Jan 9
Yeah, it is called "bootlegging" :-)

2012 Jan 10
It's also called "Meeting customer expectations" !!

2012 Jan 10
Well it wouldn't be considered 'bootleggling'no borders were crossed, no one made the beer. Someone sold a legal product in an illegal fashion & if it's true it's not only illegal it's close them down illegal...

2012 Jan 10
The term "Bootlegging" applies not just to home made stuff. It also applies to selling a legal product in an illegal fashion.

Back home in NS the bootleggers used to buy a bunch of booze at the NSLC and stockpile it at home for sale (at very inflated prices) after hours and on Sundays.

2012 Jan 10
When I lived in NS, there were 3 bootleggers in a small village. It seemed much more popular there than anywhere else I have ever seen. One of them was sorta for the older folks, while the other two catered to youunger crowds. One with pool table and a near pub setup, while the other had a DJ setup. Haha, the good ole days. I'm not sure if they're still around, but these guys rolled in quite a bit of cash. I think it was part of the small town mentality. Nobody ever reported these guys. Nobody cared. You would have a much harder time with such a 'secret' in a larger town or city...even when they did get caught and fined, the profits far outweighed the fines. They'd shut down for a few weeks, then back at it.

2012 Jan 10
My NS hometown had bootleggers. Liquor stores closed at 6pm and NO Sunday openings. So they sold NSLC stuff at inflated prices.

One old bootlegger lady served through her window. Just rap rap rap on the window pane.

Then there was Bl*ckie .. who had a cardboard price list on the wall just inside his back door.

Then there was the guy down by the baseball diamond. If his garage door was open, HE was open for business.

In 1976 bootlegged beer was $1.00 per stubbie bottle. Usually warm too.

Funny thing. The cops would raid a/the bootlegger(s) before there Xmas party. Word was that not all the evidence from the raids made it to court. Some made it to the cops Xmas parties.

Not that I have any first hand knowledge of such things ;-)

2012 Jan 11
Ah, bootlegging! I was taken to task for bootlegging once because I told people I was making a trip to Niagara and asked if they wanted anything. Apparently that's illegal too? :\

2012 Jan 11
When one buys wine on the Quebec side and brings it back to Ottawa this is apparently illegal too. Not that I have ever done so myself-;)

2012 Jan 11
RE:
"Hi Krusty, thanks for your comment.... Beer is definitely not to be removed from the restaurant
...Mucho Burrito Head Office "

dammit Krusty now you went and ruined it for everyone else!

:)

2012 Jan 11
Anything that sticks it to a monopoly, especially a state monopoly, bring it on.

But, as OSM said, Krusty had to f*** it up. C'mon, man!

2012 Jan 11
I'm actually glad that Mucho Burrito head office reads this. That means that they are going to see any problems we have with the place and fix it. That's actually made me want to go back there soon.

2012 Jan 12
Hey gang I never ruined it for you...heck I ordered a 2-4 to go and it took a couple bags to carry them all out. Drank them all on your behalf!

Honestly I would rather drink water than c**rs light.