New Year's Day Brunch? [General]

2011 Dec 30
Anyone know of restaurants offering a NYD brunch? I have a feeling we won't really feel like cooking at home, and groceries will be on the thin side...

2011 Dec 30
Zen Kitchen is offering a special NYD brunch, $28 per person, 3 courses. Bonus, it you can include poutine, a recommended cure for any hangover.

www.zenkitchen.ca

2011 Dec 30
Odd, I can't see the menu.

2011 Dec 30
click the words that say:
"New Year's Day Brunch (87K)"

That should open a PDF file.

2011 Dec 30
That sounds interesting to me, but hubby and the 2.5yr old are likely to be offended by tempeh bacon. I should have specified before that something kid friendly is a good idea, and something in Zen Kitchen's price range would be good. Part of me would love to do the Fairmont's brunch, but $60 per is a little off putting. Does not NEED to be fancy, although we wouldn't mind dressing up.

2011 Dec 31
Not sure if you are looking for a buffet style thing, but we have always like the Courtyard Restaurant for a menu brunch: www.courtyardrestaurant.com The atmosphere is also nice and it is the kind of place you could dress up if you wanted to.

In a strange location, and not as nice an atmosphere, but also with interesting breakfast offerings is Todric's in Vanier: www.todrics.com/brunch
Lots of reviews on Todric's here, and the service might occasionally be odd, but I do enjoy some of their brunch dishes.

2011 Dec 31
Brookstreet Hotel (in Kanata)
Brunch Buffet $41.95,Kids 6~12 $19.95 under 5,there is no charge.
Menu: www.brookstreet.ca
Restaurant: www.brookstreet.ca/dining.php