Feedback on a social food journal (ForkTime.com) [General]

2011 Nov 28
Hi, I hope this is ok in this forum. I have created a social food journal website (based in Ottawa), and I am looking for some feedback.

Many of us take pictures of food. ForkTime.com's goal is to help you keep them together and share them. It is also great for personal food creations, in addition to your experiences of eating out.

Sharing food pics is all that we do. We don't have news, forums, reviews or many other nice features on OttawaFoodies.com, and we don't intend to.

Would you be interested in trying it out by uploading a few pictures, and maybe using it for a few days?

Thanks

2011 Nov 28
You are more likely to get people to try out your site if you provide a link they can click on: forktime.com

For the record, I have nothing against infrequent promotional messages from potential competitors like this. Competition fosters the greater good! :-)

2011 Nov 28
That's great to hear, thank you.

Cross-promotion is an excellent idea; I'll have to think of a way to list interesting people we have talked to, maybe blog posts, tweet or an actual page.

For now, after you have signed-up, you can edit your account to include a web site in your profile. That's the only cross-linking supported for the time being.

2011 Nov 28
So it's just a place to upload pictures?

No competition :-)