suggestions for Bytowne area? [General]

2011 Nov 20
Looking for a place to eat before going to the Bytowne cinema

2011 Nov 20
There's an Ethiopian place a block up on Rideau on the opposite side from the Bytowne that I've been dying to try - a friend of mine says it's very good. I don't know the name, Google suggests it's just called East African Restaurant.

2011 Nov 20
In the immediate vicinity there are two Ethiopian places -- East African Restaurant and The Horn of Africa. Very near by there is also the Alirang Korean restaurant on Nelson, just north of Rideau or Saffron (Persian) on Rideau just a couple blocks East of the Bytowne. If you're willing to walk a few minutes, nearly the entire market as at your disposal with the Smoque Shack being one of the closest to the theatre.

I can't speak for all of these places but I've enjoyed East African, Alirang, and Smoque Shack all before. A word of warning though: the service at East African restaurant tends to be slow so if you're planning on going to a movie afterwards, I would make your server aware and leave yourself plenty of time if you go there.

2011 Nov 21
Shawarma Palace is right up the street (east). Fast cheap bestest shawarma in the city.

Between the two Ethiopian places i give Horn a slight edge.