spumoni ice cream [General]

2011 Nov 11
I've been missing this treat lately. I remember getting it at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Toronto when I was just a wee lad. I don't really remember finding it anywhere else. Now, the season of unreasonable cravings is upon me.

Can anyone help?

Layered ice cream flavours (sometimes with layers of whipped cream), with candied fruits and nuts mixed in. Delicious.

2011 Nov 11
Mmmm I want some right now! Same delicious experience growing up eating at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Victoria.

2011 Nov 11
You can enjoy this old school.delicacy.at calabria pizza on bell st off gladstone

2011 Nov 12
Spumoni was one of my favorite treats when I worked in L.A. and have never had it in Ottawa. Thanks Ravi! Will have to hit Calabria.

2011 Nov 12
Thanks. I'll try there a little later.

Any other places?

Oh, HEY! This is just in time as it appears that November 13th is National Spumoni Day here in Canada.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spumoni

2011 Nov 12
we bought some at Food Basics a few months back. can't remember the brand name but it was near the Tartufo in the frozen aisle.

can't comment on the quality as any variety of spumoni is not to my tastes.

2011 Nov 13
I actually bought a spumoni cookie at Todric's earlier this week.
It seems to be a regular kind of cookie they make.

it was like a large square butter cookie with one part of the stripe pink (cherry), green (pistachio), and chocolate (light brown).
It was a good cookie and the flavors did not compete w each other.

not ice cream, but still good.

Isn't spumoni- pistachio, cherry and chocolate ice cream? with fruits in it?
Bulk barn does sell many kinds of chopped up dried fruits.

2011 Nov 20
Man, the last time I had spumoni ice cream might have been at Al's Steak House, of all places. But that was years ago. Now I'm craving it again.

2011 Nov 20
Never liked that combination of candied fruit and peel (but I don't like fruit cake either)