Rose water [General]

2011 Nov 5
Anyone know where to purchase rose water in Ottawa?

2011 Nov 5
I've seen rose water at Superstore on the west coast, so perhaps one of the larger Loblaws stores?

2011 Nov 5
Grace on Bank Street carries rose water. I also believe that Domus in the market carries it. I would look at other stores that focus on Middle Eastern/Southern Asian foods as I would think they're more likely to carry it.

2011 Nov 5
I've bought it at Al Jazeera grocery in Hintonburg.

2011 Nov 5
All indian stores will have it.

2011 Nov 5
Mid East Food Market has it

2011 Nov 6
As with orange flower water (yum), quality varies a lot. I try to aim for the ones from France, all of which seem to be in blue glass or plastic bottles. They are much more intense and complex--the cheaper ones I get at the middle eastern stores taste watery, plastic-y, and soapy in comparison.

This brand is very good: www.sainte-lucie-culinaire.com

I have not, unfortunately, seen this anywhere in town except at the Made in France place that is now closed. Whole Foods in the States (though not in Toronto) also has a good brand.

2011 Nov 8
Al Jazeera grocery? lol that name sounds funny!

Cedars grocery on Bank has that and also orange blossom water- less than $2 for a 200 or 300ml bottle.

Apparently it tastes very good, I bought some but it was not for me, so did not taste it.

Foodbasics might have some.

Also if you want to make your own, Shanti tea sells organic food grade rose petals.
Apparently they taste very good too. I bought some and they did smell nice, but they were not for me, so did not taste them.

2011 Nov 8
Middle East Market on st Laurent has a whole section of it.

2011 Nov 9
Middle East Market is a huge store- fun to go to.
But too hard to get to for me often by bus.

they have so much neat stuff there!

2011 Nov 9
Yah along with Rosewater they have a tonne of awesome things not easily found all in one place elsewhere... not to derail the thread, but the advantage of going to Mid East Market by bus is that you don't have to brave the parking lot.... because Holy $#!^.

2011 Nov 10
OSoloMeal, you are correct- but now it is almost 1 hour to get there by bus vs 15 minutes from my place to Cedars ;)

In the winter Cedars will most likely win my business too!
(also like the dips at Cedars better, eggplant dip!)