Murray's Market closes [General]

2011 Oct 31
The word is now officially out that Murray's Market is closing.

Ottawa Citizen: blogs.ottawacitizen.com

Ottawa Magazine: www.ottawamagazine.com

2011 Oct 31
NooooOOOOOOOooooooooo!

Crap. I never made it.

2011 Oct 31
Sad to hear as we can always use more good food-based businesses. My hats off to anyone who opens a food related business as its a lot of work and even then there are no guarantees you will succeed.

Cheers

2011 Oct 31
Very sad to hear this as it was such a pleasant place to go and get quality goods.
The Cake Shop on Greenbank closed on Friday after 12 years but at least they are reopening February in a new location in Barrhaven.
The owner told me they tried to work out a deal to stay for a few months but it could not be done.
We bought a ton of cookies and a couple if cake to freeze as we have a nut allergy child in the family!

2011 Oct 31
wow that sucks!! they did a great job of supplying local stuff. and killer meat cones.

2011 Oct 31
That is too bad- was really hoping to try out their food.
I almost never make it to the market area though- the bus service is so bad I stick to Bank st till the construction is better.

2011 Nov 1
i still WANT A MEAT CONE DAMMIT!!!!!!!

2011 Nov 3
Sorry. You'll have to settle for a Pizza Cone.

2011 Nov 3
You could always just buy your own good deli ,meats and DIY.
might be a bit cheaper too- just not as convenient as being downtown and walking into the store though.

lots of good local meats you can buy- Bearbrook? farm, Bank st Sausage co and many other places...

Prob not as fun though.

Pizza Cone? I hope they have improved- I keep on forgetting to try them out since they moved.